[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tractorsport Flowbench Forum Archive • View topic - Domel vs Ametek?

Domel vs Ametek?

A place to discuss air movers, blowers, vacuum motors etc . . . this is a closed forum only open to members

Postby stevenford » Thu Jan 03, 2008 9:09 am

If someone wants the spreadsheet PM me, I don't know how to download to this site, or if someone wants to host it

It's basically all the Domel motors comparing them at 28", 60", 90", and if they were THEORICALLY run in groups of 2, 3, and 4 motors. Amps are calculated for 240volts

There is a few places at the bottom to add more motors if you want to put some Ameteks in, I've added the 115923
stevenford

Postby stevenford » Thu Jan 03, 2008 9:25 am

stevenford

Postby Tony » Thu Jan 03, 2008 4:50 pm

Stevenford, the whole thing is fairly complicated.

The vacuum motors, if running at full 240v will draw less current when pulling a reasonable test pressure, than just running with full open flow.

As far as knowing what your power feed is capable of, the maximum current draw will be limited by the main fuse or circuit breaker rating feeding that particular sub circuit. Whoever installed it in the first place would have fitted overload protection appropriate to the cable size.

I am not an electrical contractor, but I do have a copy of the "Standards Association of Australia" wiring rules, which is the Bible for all this stuff, in front of me right now.

Suitable plugs and sockets rated to 40 amps are readily available, that is no problem. Anything larger than that is not usually fitted with a removable plug, but wired in permanently.
Also known as the infamous "Warpspeed" on some other Forums.
Tony

Postby jsa » Fri Jan 04, 2008 7:07 am

Cheers

John
jsa

Postby stevenford » Fri Jan 04, 2008 7:30 am

[color=#000000][quote]6mm
stevenford

Postby bruce » Fri Jan 04, 2008 8:53 am

Here is the spreadsheet to go along with this discussion
"There is no more formidable adversary than one who perceives he has nothing to lose." - Gen. George S. Patton
bruce
Site Admin

Postby bruce » Fri Jan 04, 2008 8:54 am

Here is the spreadsheet to go along with this discussion
"There is no more formidable adversary than one who perceives he has nothing to lose." - Gen. George S. Patton
bruce
Site Admin

Postby 106-1194218389 » Sun Jan 13, 2008 2:02 am

Here is another Domel motor that I am looking at:

This is a Domel Model 496.3.720-2 2-stage 120 volt 5.7 inch thru flow vacuum motor.
All Domel motors carry a 2 year warranty against defects and workmanship. The Domel motors have a 30% more operational life than Lamb Ametek motors as well as twice as long of a warranty period. Lamb Ametek motors have 500-800 hours of life and Domel motors have 800-1000 hours.
It is suggested you replace the motor gasket part #MO512.
Motor Specs
Motor Type: Thru Flow
Bearings: Double Ball Bearing
Water-lift: 116.9 inches
Maximum Air Flow: 144.1 CFM
Maximum Air Watts: 1685
Peak Amps: 14.35
You will get up to 30% longer life from Domel motors and a two year warranty.
$105.95
106-1194218389

Postby stevenford » Tue Jan 22, 2008 9:41 pm

Hey JSA do you know how to correlate the Domel number to the Godfrey number, they use different numbers and don't have any specs to match up some thing

Also they only have 5 flow throughs

Looking for 462.3.451-16
stevenford

Postby jsa » Sat Jan 26, 2008 7:21 pm

Steven,

I had to go with my second choice motor as the first choice domel was not available here. If was the same for the ametek also.

Godfreys have 2 divisions, the commercial one that have knowledgeable people, and a retail division that might be able to show you a vauum cleaner to buy.

The sales rep I spoke too had no problem with Domel part numbers. Just got to get through to the right person.

It's quite possible they don't have the exact one you want.

[edit]
Go here look through all the pages, download the spec sheets for motors that look close and you may strike it lucky with matching specs to their part number.

Cheers

John
jsa

Postby 106-1194218389 » Thu May 08, 2008 10:45 pm

Well I ordered the Domel motors part #49637202-1. They look pretty good. The air intake opening is 1.745". The specs are supposed to be pretty darn good. The specs look better than the Ameteks in the Superflow. I hope they pan out. I have included a couple of picutres.

Picture 1
106-1194218389

Postby 106-1194218389 » Thu May 08, 2008 10:46 pm

picture 2
106-1194218389

Postby 106-1194218389 » Thu May 08, 2008 10:47 pm

Picture 3
106-1194218389

Postby 106-1194218389 » Thu May 08, 2008 10:48 pm

picture 4
106-1194218389

Postby xy4v » Fri Aug 15, 2008 12:44 am

Bringing this up to the top, how did you go with that domel motor jfholm?

I like the 462.3.451-016 which is a 240V motor.. I've emailed a local supplier for a price..
xy4v

PreviousNext

Return to Air Movers