[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tractorsport Flowbench Forum Archive • View topic - Domel vs Ametek?

Domel vs Ametek?

A place to discuss air movers, blowers, vacuum motors etc . . . this is a closed forum only open to members

Postby bruce » Sun Nov 18, 2007 12:33 am

Anyone using the Domel brand of blowers?

Are they clones of the Ametek brand?
"There is no more formidable adversary than one who perceives he has nothing to lose." - Gen. George S. Patton
bruce
Site Admin

Postby jsa » Sun Nov 18, 2007 7:07 am

Bruce,

I have chosen Domel's for my bench.

More available in the spec I want, here, also better $.

From the tesing I did on one of the batch I chose they perform to spec and more efficient than similar ametek.

Seem to be a pretty good motor. Of course they have a wide product range, from basic to bells and whistles.

I went with, bells and whistles, double ball bearings etc.
Cheers

John
jsa

Postby 106-1194218389 » Sun Nov 18, 2007 2:35 pm

I emailed the link you gave me Bruce and here is the reply:

ME: How do the Domel 4963446 motors compare to the Ametek 115923 motors? How do they compare quality and specs?

THEM: Same motor one is Italian and the other is US/Chinese same quality.
106-1194218389

Postby larrycavan » Sun Nov 18, 2007 5:20 pm

larrycavan
Site Admin

Postby bruce » Sun Nov 18, 2007 5:45 pm

But Larry, I bet the Ametek is the US/Chinese one?
"There is no more formidable adversary than one who perceives he has nothing to lose." - Gen. George S. Patton
bruce
Site Admin

Postby jsa » Sun Nov 18, 2007 8:09 pm

Yep, the domel is Euro.
Cheers

John
jsa

Postby larrycavan » Sun Nov 18, 2007 9:43 pm

larrycavan
Site Admin

Postby jsa » Mon Nov 19, 2007 12:42 am

Larry,

Sounds like Australia, we make very little here anymore, thankfully shipping dirt is lucrative right now.
Cheers

John
jsa

Postby 106-1194218389 » Mon Nov 19, 2007 12:51 am

Hey guys,
this is the link Bruce gave me
any other sources that you know of for the Domel motors? John (jsa) where did you get yours?

John (jfholm)
106-1194218389

Postby jsa » Mon Nov 19, 2007 7:24 am

Cheers

John
jsa

Postby 106-1194218389 » Mon Nov 19, 2007 1:35 pm

Well now I am embarrassed, I forgot how small the world can be with the internet. I am in Utah, USA and shipping from Austrailia might be a little prohibitive. There is a book "The World is Flat" and I better read that to remind me that Utah is not the only place in the world. ;-)
106-1194218389

Postby jsa » Mon Nov 19, 2007 9:36 pm

No worries John, down under we get a laugh at all those world series competitions that are only run in one country :D
Cheers

John
jsa

Postby stevenford » Tue Dec 25, 2007 5:20 pm

Here is something wrong with the info at
it says 4963446 motors are equivalent to the 115923 but at
it says 4963430 is equivalent to the 115923 and they have even better motors 1685watts

JSA which one did you buy, what specs did you get when you tested them

Does any one have spec sheets
stevenford

Postby jsa » Tue Dec 25, 2007 6:01 pm

I am using Domel 491.3.707, chosen for wet bench duty as the fan is sealed from the motor.

I got my specs from the manufacturers site.

I didn't see data for your two part numbers on their site.

I got airflow quantities sligtly better than the Domel spec sheet.

Chart I plotted from manufacturer specs to help me choose a motor that was available in Australia.

Cheers

John
jsa

Postby stevenford » Thu Dec 27, 2007 8:38 am

I'm very confused about vacuum motors now, I thought Amatek was the best so I chased up supply here at Ross Brown, they don't have a full range but are easy to get. So I went through the specs and came to the conclusion that it has to be a 2 stage(as posts here say) or you don't get enough flow at high depressions, so I chose 119655-00, 4.8 amp, 109cfm, 44cfm@60" $85(I can run 4 on one power point)

Then I read this post about Domel motors but could not find specs until Mr JSA(thanks) posted a link, I've just taken a quick look but the single stage motors kill the 2 stages Domel ones. They have 1 stage, 11amp, 151cfm, 100cfm@60" 146mm

Should I stick with 2 stage when the single stage Domel are better. Am I reading the spec wrong

Mr JSA why did you pick 491.3.707, how many did you buy, are you using a power point or 3 phase, how much were they. If you don't want to post here please PM me, Thanks
stevenford

Next

Return to Air Movers