[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tractorsport Flowbench Forum Archive • View topic - Surplus Center shipping (minor damage)

Surplus Center shipping (minor damage)

A place to discuss air movers, blowers, vacuum motors etc . . . this is a closed forum only open to members

Postby Scott H » Mon Dec 08, 2008 9:54 pm

Bruce,

I am not sure if this is the proper spot for this, but here goes...

I ordered 16 Surplus Center motors and they were packaged as follows:

One big box with 10 motors on the bottom layer. A cardboard separator (single layer, corrugated) sitting on the shafts and the remaining 6 motors on the top layer. Motor shafts make a pretty good cardboard punch. Needless to say, all 6 of the top layer motors were dented. 3 were so badly dented that the motor shaft wouldn't turn by hand. I decided to remove the covers and repair them rather than return them. They are all working fine now.

I am posting this so that other forum members who will buy them in the future will be aware of this. Perhaps if I had have placed two orders a day apart this wouldn't have happened. IMO. they should have separated these with thin plywood at the very least.

Scott
Scott H

Postby bruce » Mon Dec 08, 2008 9:58 pm

Humm when I got mine shipped to me they were packed in that expandable foam plastic coated stuff. Must be the economy cost cutting measures. I got 8 at one time maybe that was the reason the ones I got were packed in foam?

Thanks for the input!!!

Did you let them know you were not pleased with the packaging?

Edited By bruce on 1228787969
"There is no more formidable adversary than one who perceives he has nothing to lose." - Gen. George S. Patton
bruce
Site Admin

Postby Scott H » Tue Dec 09, 2008 1:27 am

No, I have been so buried in work that I never got around to it.
Scott H

Postby bruce » Tue Dec 09, 2008 7:40 am

I can understand that, and if they are working and it only took minor repair sometimes it's simply not worth the hassle.

Thanks for the heads-up for anyone else who might be ordering blowers, they can relay prior packaging problems when they order theirs. You know the guys in the warehouse are saying "who is buying 6-10 of these blowers at a time??). I just wonder how long the supply will hold out on this deal.
"There is no more formidable adversary than one who perceives he has nothing to lose." - Gen. George S. Patton
bruce
Site Admin

Postby Scott H » Tue Dec 09, 2008 11:35 am

Scott H

Postby larrycavan » Sat Dec 13, 2008 12:55 pm

So far...knock on wood....my motors have held up excellent from Surplus Center
larrycavan
Site Admin

Postby LGHeath » Sun Jan 11, 2009 8:36 pm

As of a few hours ago they had 35, less the eight I just picked up.

Going, going, gone?

Later Larry
LGHeath

Postby 200cfm » Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:52 pm

What is the motor part number? I went on the site and could not get a search on the motors. I hope to start my PTS bench this year and it will need motors. (tom)
200cfm

Postby blaktopr » Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:00 am

15 left Tom! Hurry. Rick also he said he has quite a few better ones too.
Chris Sikorski
blaktopr

Postby 200cfm » Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:25 am

Thanks for the link Chris. Just placed an order for 6 for a grand total of $127.68. That leaves 11 for a 500 cfm bench builder. :)

Doing my part to stimulate the economy. Now lets flow some heads. :laugh:

tom
200cfm

Postby slracer » Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:37 pm

For those who might want to know: I have 2 of Rick's motors on my minibench (pitot style) and I use one of Bruce's 100CFM@28" orifice plates used as a calibration plate. With a single motor, the bench flows about 43CFM at 6+ inches of depression. Adding the second motor raises the values to 90CFM at 23+ inches depression. I am going to get a smaller calibration plate (are you there Bruce?) so I can check the values above 28 inches depression. With a stock head on my test fixture, I have tested to about 60CFM at 28 inches with partial power on the second motor. (Of course, that is head limited, not motor.) For what it is worth, with the fixture sealed I have tested to the manometer limit of 44 inches also with partial power on the second motor. (And NO leaks! :) )

I have never tested any other motors, but am quite happy with what I have! Thanks again Rick!

Doug
I choose NOT to be an ordinary man because it is my right to be uncommon if I can! - unknown
slracer

Postby bruce » Wed Jan 14, 2009 4:27 pm

bruce
Site Admin

Postby evil16v » Thu Jan 15, 2009 1:47 pm

I had the exact same problem as in the first post. I had to remove the shrouds and straighten them also. we will see how they work soon. I havn't been able to get to my bench in some time. mostly chrismas stuff.
evil16v

Postby LGHeath » Mon Jan 19, 2009 4:50 pm

Well the eight I ordered just showed up, in good shape, no dings dents or errors. They were well packed in expandable foam. Now I kind of wish I'd got a few more, for spares.

Later Larry
LGHeath

Postby 200cfm » Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:42 pm

Got the Surplus box today. All 6 motors well packed and nice for the price. Told my wife I could now build her the a vacumn cleaner that would suck all the dust out of the house once the bench was finished. :)
200cfm

Return to Air Movers