[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tractorsport Flowbench Forum Archive • View topic - Lighthouse motors

Lighthouse motors

A place to discuss air movers, blowers, vacuum motors etc . . . this is a closed forum only open to members

Postby Tomasw » Sun Mar 29, 2009 8:30 pm

Here are some picture of my 6311 motors.

Tomasw

Postby Flash » Sun May 17, 2009 12:06 am

Has any body noticed the close out sale on vac motor from Lighthouse?

I still don't understand vac motor spec well enough. I would thing the $34.95 motor, would perform better @ 101.8 c.f.m. then the $44.95 @ 95.5 C.F.M????????????? ???
Gordon
Flash

Postby bruce » Sun May 17, 2009 7:02 am

The price difference might be the quality of the motor, one might have sleeve bearings and the other is ball bearings. The quality of the Lighthouse brand compared to the Surplus Center motors was no comparison in my opinion, but cost was quite a difference.

Motors are a key element in your flowbench build so keep that in mind while shopping for motors. How often will you be using your flowbench, how long at a time, etc . . .

I noticed his sale the other day.
"There is no more formidable adversary than one who perceives he has nothing to lose." - Gen. George S. Patton
bruce
Site Admin

Postby 86rocco1 » Sun May 17, 2009 7:49 am

86rocco1

Postby Flash » Sun May 17, 2009 12:35 pm

Thanks,
My build will not be coming together any time soon. but when it is done, and i get a handle on it all. There will be times that the bench will be testing long enough, that my mind wont be wanting to worry about an inferior motor being part of the equation

I will keep my eye on the better Lighthouse motors :;):
Gordon
Flash

Postby johno » Sat Aug 01, 2009 5:36 pm

Hi guys, i recently built an Audie pitot bench and set-up 3 ametek motors ,with provision for a fourth.Each motor is operated by a single-pole safety switch and pressure is bled-off between the flow element and vac source using a 25mm valve. I used ametek motors part number; 119655-00 as these motors are double ball-bearing, 346 air watts, auto thermal over-load protected, flowed 109cfm across 2" orifice and pulled max 103" H2O.I choose these because they were the highest flowing motor that had bearings and thermal over-load!! I realise that 3 motors seems a bit small but found that when set-up with ' single-direction flap valves' ( to prevent back bleeding through unused motors) improved my maximum available test pressure! This set-up allows me to test at 10" or 28" without using the 'calculate too' feature of the FLOW-QUICK! Unless i get a set of BB chev heads, these three motors are plenty!! All three cost me $270 australian. :cool:
johno

Postby johno » Sat Aug 01, 2009 5:43 pm

Sorry, nearly forgot, any-one who needs info/ specs on ametek vac/blower motors give me yell as i have the ametek catalogue with full specifications and prices (in Ozzy $) with both american and australian cross-over part-numbers. Definitely a must see before purchasing your bench motors!!!! :;):
johno

Postby emarsh » Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:39 pm

emarsh

Postby bruce » Mon Sep 07, 2009 6:15 pm

I would suspect a small leak, it does not take much of a static leak to kill your static pressure.

Attach a tube to - CH3 and run the other end of the tube around all your joints and see if the DM picks up any leaks. Pay particular attention to the blowbox side cover. I had a leak in mine when I first got my bench running.

I also went down and started up my flowbench to confirm my numbers and 4 LH9563-120's on I was able to pull 300cfm @28" on a internal plate that is larger than your 2.799" one. I was about 3/4 on my motor control knob. I'm using a Payne Control.
"There is no more formidable adversary than one who perceives he has nothing to lose." - Gen. George S. Patton
bruce
Site Admin

Postby emarsh » Mon Sep 07, 2009 7:45 pm

Bruce, thanks for the feedback. When I had started my bench the first time I heard some hissing around the door and so put a tiny bit of clear silicone sealant around it. I had not realized that it is so sensitive to even a slight leak. Since I built mine to have a removable board with all the fans on it I had simply used bolts to pull the board to the angle iron. I opened the box back up and put a little silicone sealant on the edge of the angle iron where the board is attached. Perhaps that will do the trick. Everywhere else I glued the joints and then sealed them with urethane calking so I think that they are good.

I'll seal the box back up and see if that makes a difference.
emarsh

Postby emarsh » Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:45 pm

Bruce,

I sealed the box internally and didn't see much change. Have you experimented with the one way valves to see if they reduce flow?
emarsh

Postby bruce » Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:19 pm

My bench has the valves installed on all motors but the 2 under control and the numbers above are what I am seeing on my build.

I'd look for another possible leak?
bruce
Site Admin

Postby emarsh » Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:45 am

emarsh

Postby bruce » Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:44 pm

What speed control?

The speed control will limit the top end of the blowers I have found.

The motors on my speed control do not pull what the non-controlled motors do.
bruce
Site Admin

Postby emarsh » Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:55 pm

emarsh

PreviousNext

Return to Air Movers