[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tractorsport Flowbench Forum Archive • View topic - Lighthouse motors

Lighthouse motors

A place to discuss air movers, blowers, vacuum motors etc . . . this is a closed forum only open to members

Postby Tomasw » Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:42 pm

I purchased some motors from their part number is LH6311 they are a replacement for the ametek 116311. They are made in america, and the have a 1 year warranty and service life of 500-1000 hours. They have dual ball bearings and a 2 stage fan. That place was a really nice place to deal with.

Here you can find the for the motors.
Tomasw

Postby bruce » Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:58 pm

A little update . . . I'm currently working with this business to setup a couple of different blower/motors packages that would fit our needs for flowbenches. They have already received quite a few orders from here over the years and are aware of what we are doing.

The transaction would be between the buyer and seller and leave PTS out of any "deal" it would be a place for the you the buyer to go and get a package deal on blower/motors at a possible reduced price due to the volume of sales this forum will generate for them.

I'll keep the forum updated on the progress . . .
"There is no more formidable adversary than one who perceives he has nothing to lose." - Gen. George S. Patton
bruce
Site Admin

Postby msj442 » Sun Feb 22, 2009 12:56 am

im sure surplus thanks you on the recent selling of there 1234's lol :;): :;):
msj442

Postby bruce » Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:03 pm

From the discussion I had with Ward today at Lighthouse he's going to make up a webpage with a few blower selection package deals for PTS forum members. Once I get the link to his page I'll post it here.

I'm going to try and get a few of the various blowers he specs and try them out on my PTS flowbench, this might take sometime though to get done . . .
"There is no more formidable adversary than one who perceives he has nothing to lose." - Gen. George S. Patton
bruce
Site Admin

Postby Tomasw » Wed Feb 25, 2009 12:47 am

I have eight of the LH6311 motors and I can post the results as well once I finish my bench and get it up and running.
Tomasw

Postby bruce » Wed Feb 25, 2009 1:24 pm

Here is the link to Lighthouse Motors

Be aware that the high performance blowers near the bottom are 6.68" tall and are going to be a tight fit on the 8 blower bench.

They will fit into the 12 blower bench with plenty of clearance
bruce
Site Admin

Postby bruce » Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:07 am

Just to give everyone a "heads-up" I'm going to purchase a set (8) of each of these blowers and post the results based on my PTS Orifice Bench design.

Personally, blowers in my opinion is not a place to cut the $$$'s and by testing them here in my shop I can offer some feedback before people put up the $$$'s. This will take the "what-if" out of everyone's mind on what to do about blowers.

This will be over the next few weeks and I'll post the results probably in the open forum area of the PTS Plans in the Plan Info.

Edited By bruce on 1235833810
bruce
Site Admin

Postby bruce » Sat Mar 28, 2009 6:05 pm

I just got 8 of the LH9563-120's in on Friday and took some time this afternoon to install 4 of them in my PTS bench to get an idea of what they might flow.

On my bench I was able to flow 340 cfm @28" with 4 of them running. In comparison the Surplus Center motors in my bench flowed 300 cfm @ 28" and they were maxed out on the speed control. I still had speed adjustment with the LH motors.

They are more expensive but as you can see you get more for your money and they feature all ball bearing construction and USA made. They have a scroll (might not be the right word) intake and blower, the blades are higher near the opening and taper down as they go back inside the housing. I'll post a few pictures later this weekend.

I'll try and get the other 4 installed sometime in the near future.

Edited By bruce on 1238278036
bruce
Site Admin

Postby thomasvaught-1 » Sat Mar 28, 2009 6:23 pm

Looks like those motors might be the "Next Generation"
of affordable motors for the PTS Bench Builders, Nice Job, Bruce.

Tom Vaught
thomasvaught-1

Postby bruce » Sat Mar 28, 2009 7:49 pm

Here is a picture of the blower end of the LH9563-120 model:
bruce
Site Admin

Postby bruce » Sat Mar 28, 2009 7:49 pm

Side view:
bruce
Site Admin

Postby msj442 » Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:07 am

it sounds like these would be the way to go. man,were we spoiled or what knowing there was a good motor out there for under 20 bucks. this is a big chunk of cash for me. but will have to start saving for awhile again. :(

max
msj442

Postby msj442 » Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:16 am

wow 340 @28 on a 16" dp with only 4 motors? thats some good capacity. sounds like it could become a superbench in the future on a 10" dp. lol

max :D ???
msj442

Postby bruce » Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:27 am

Yes, we were spoiled with the low-cost Surplus Center motors!

Let me also add, one thing I did notice right away was the startup noise or lack there of, the Surplus Center motors had a screech to them on startup and shut down, probably due to the sleeve bearings. The LH motors are smooth!

On a side note; One thing to keep in mind and Larry C. has said this before in other posts, you are building a piece of equipment that costs a few grand to buy commercially. Motors are going to be the most expensive purchase for your bench build. I'm trying to keep everyone's costs down as best I can by testing motors in my PTS Bench (which btw is a pain in the butt to change motors in and out of all the time!) and giving everyone that info for their "digestion".

Try and find an 8 motor fully computer gauge commercial flowbench for around $1500-2000?
bruce
Site Admin

Postby thomasvaught-1 » Sun Mar 29, 2009 4:53 pm

Hang in there Bruce.

The dynamic testing you are doing for the forum is very much appreciated. Dynamic testing using known orifices on a known bench design will reap many benefits for the members.

Thomas Vaught

ps the 115923 Ametek 2 stage motors used in the Blue Bench are around $116.00 at Grainger.
thomasvaught-1

Next

Return to Air Movers