[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tractorsport Flowbench Forum Archive • View topic - PTS DIY flow sensor

PTS DIY flow sensor

Any discussion pertaining to data acquisition for a flowbench application. Not limited to computer related projects, this is a catch-all for anything non-water gage?

This will keep items of like interest easy to find on the forum.

Postby bruce » Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:03 am

Since I'm outta bed before Rick I'll post a reply and he can follow-up later if he'd like;

The first version of Flowsoft basic will be just that a basic version to get the PTS DM out and in people's hands, once we can "relax some" Rick will be making updates along the way, the updates will be posted here on the forum for download. We want to get the PTS DM out and let people work with it and give us feedback and we will make the software work for the end user.

Rick sent me the program late last evening and I will work with it later this afternoon, I'm working a few days this week at my part-time job so my shop time is limited. I'll start taking preliminary orders for the PTS DM more than likely later this week.

Again this is a very basic version of the software that will ship with the PTS DM at this time . . .
"There is no more formidable adversary than one who perceives he has nothing to lose." - Gen. George S. Patton
bruce
Site Admin

Postby bruce » Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:15 am

We do want to hear your feedback and want to grow the PTS DM product and make it what the end user wants/needs and not what we "think" they need . . .
"There is no more formidable adversary than one who perceives he has nothing to lose." - Gen. George S. Patton
bruce
Site Admin

Postby UKDoug » Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:31 am

Bruce, you and Rick are doing a great job and i think you'll see from the number of names that go on the first order list that you are pretty much bang on with what we all want/need!:)
UKDoug

Postby jfholm » Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:54 am

It is a wise man that learns from his mistakes, but it is a wiser man that learns from the mistakes of others.
jfholm

Postby 49-1183904562 » Mon Feb 02, 2009 1:28 pm

Ok,

The version shown in the post is not actually running it is just displaying random data; it was posted just to show FlowSoft Basic, features and functionality.
The Version 1.0 product will provide the following to the end user.

1. Digital display of all three monometers
2. Display of Comparative flow @ xx depression
3. Display of system RAW data (byte, voltage, etc.) used in calibrating
4. Detailed system configuration allows for finite calibration
5. Data output to CSV formatted text file.
6. Detailed Help files

Data output to file.

In this version flow testing is kept simple, you will enter your standard test increment in the lift increment box I/E .050 and then click the Open Data File Button. This will set the Lift Test Point to .050 and open the data file in the background. Then the user will set depression to desired point and click the Record Data button (open data file button changes name) at this point data is written to file and Lift Test Point is increased by .050 to .100, you will repeat the above to the end of your testing. The system will allow you to enter any value in the Lift Test point box so that you may want to have your last test point be at the camshaft actual max lift say .630.

Moving forward I will be working with Bruce on several things for the forum.

1. Setting up the DM Private Discussion Forum that will be broken down into a couple areas. Updates, Help, Feature Request, Discussion???
2. Testing Getting install releases out for windows XP, 98, 2000, (ME ??) at this time I do not see support for Vista in 2009.
3. Providing Bruce with a CD copy of Version 1 source in the event Rick gets hit by a bus.
4. Making sure documentation is completed and thorough.
5. Once we are running and the DM community is active in the Forum I will discuss future plans for the FlowSoft project. FlowSoft Basic will evolve into a solid Basic program. Advanced options and features will be discussed later. The First upgrade planned is to accommodate metric values.

Rick
49-1183904562

Postby jfholm » Mon Feb 02, 2009 2:17 pm

Thanks Rick,
I know you are busy so that explanation was above and beyond the call of duty.

John
It is a wise man that learns from his mistakes, but it is a wiser man that learns from the mistakes of others.
jfholm

Postby blaktopr » Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:49 pm

Chris Sikorski
blaktopr

Postby bruce » Thu Feb 05, 2009 3:59 pm

For those that purchased plans already and need a DM I made a post over in the PTS Plans area on purchasing a PTS DM
bruce
Site Admin

Postby FPV_GTp » Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:06 pm

Ford Sale - ( Melb , Aust ) - Engine Dynamometer Heenan & Froude G490EH 1,500Bhp@15,000rpm - Ship World Wide
FPV_GTp

Postby andykaw1 » Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:26 pm

andykaw1

Postby bruce » Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:43 pm

bruce
Site Admin

Postby andykaw1 » Fri Feb 20, 2009 3:17 pm

andykaw1

Postby 1bolt » Sun Mar 08, 2009 1:08 pm

Is there any timetable on the general release? I understand letting plan buyers get first crack but many of us have been excited about affordable DAQ and following this thread for a while...
Simon
1bolt

Postby bruce » Sun Mar 08, 2009 1:22 pm

Sorry, I forgot to post a link here!

It requires a 16" Dp orifice plate installed in your bench. I have found when used with my PTS plans a range of 350-400cfm before needing a range change. If you go to 400cfm your low end flow numbers are a tad slow to respond depending on how you have the averaging set.

Could just be my slow laptop also . . .

Edited By bruce on 1236533142
bruce
Site Admin

Postby cre » Sun Mar 08, 2009 2:37 pm

Hello I would like to receive news of DM pts have you shipped the first DM I expect to receive mine
cre

PreviousNext

Return to Flowbench DAQ