[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tractorsport Flowbench Forum Archive • View topic - Performance Trends Black Box

Performance Trends Black Box

Any discussion pertaining to data acquisition for a flowbench application. Not limited to computer related projects, this is a catch-all for anything non-water gage?

This will keep items of like interest easy to find on the forum.

Postby 106-1194218389 » Sun May 04, 2008 10:13 pm

Just an update on my Black Box. It did not have a pressure transducer for a pitot tube to measure velocity. I was able to get a transducer from Kevin at PT. It was a 5 psi unit. It was a simple plug in and now I have it up and running. A DAQ is way faster and easier than a water gauge. I can record port velocities directly into Port Flow Analyzer now. To me it is well worth the expense. My velocity going over the SSR in the middle with my water "U" tube gave me a reading that gave 220 fps at 10" test pressure. Once calibrated the Black Box gave me a reading of 219.9 fps.

John
106-1194218389

Postby thomasvaught-1 » Mon May 05, 2008 5:29 pm

I would call Kevin up and reem him out about being off .1 ft/sec on his box. Just Kidding!

Nice corrolation

Kevin used to work for Ford in our Engine Dyno
Lab before he became famous. I did some Beta testing for him on Boost stuff in the past.
Good Guy.

Tom Vaught
thomasvaught-1

Postby 106-1194218389 » Mon May 05, 2008 7:32 pm

I have done a lot of beta testing for Kevin and gotten him database info for his programs. I used to work in a parts "Manufacturing Facility" (actually a reboxer like most manufacturers now) and have access to a lot of parts specs etc. He really takes care of me and I can never get a head of him. The electronics really speed up flow testing. Thanks Tom, and of course Kevin remembers you and thinks a lot of you. btw, I saw you in that one dyno video that was floating around. You look like you are my age ;-)

John
106-1194218389

Postby thomasvaught-1 » Tue May 06, 2008 9:16 pm

Does that mean OLD??? LOL!

Yep, That dyno video was at Steve Morris shop and we were making over 2000 hp at the time on a blow-thru carb.

Tom V
thomasvaught-1

Postby 106-1194218389 » Tue May 06, 2008 11:07 pm

Yeah, Tom I am getting old. I will be 59 in June. I feel like the Old Bull standing on the top of the hill with the young bull looking down on all those cows saying "why don't we just walk down there." Maybe some of you have heard the joke.
106-1194218389

Postby thomasvaught-1 » Wed May 07, 2008 5:51 pm

My comment would be: "Yes Sir, I have been 'over the Mountain and have seen the Elephant' (several times)"

Tom V.
thomasvaught-1

Postby larrycavan » Thu May 08, 2008 4:49 am

larrycavan
Site Admin

Return to Flowbench DAQ