[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tractorsport Flowbench Forum Archive • View topic - Feedback from members

Feedback from members

The old Wetflow forum was unrecoverable so I started a new one.

A place to talk about super secretive wet flow.

This is a closed forum only open to members, if you can read this then you are a member

Postby blaktopr » Tue Oct 13, 2009 5:36 pm

Hey guys, how about any feedback or math help with this part of my project. I am trying to get some ideas rolling as I progress with this "monster" of a bench setup.

Water flow amounts, to measure and how much.

OK, first off, the math. This is what is in my head now. A simple way is to convert the head CFM to LBS/hr, then divde the AF ratio to get my LBS/hr fuel/liquid. I know the differences with water to gas, but just want to nail down math and what will cross reference between running and static. OR, do I have to do something different in regards to BSCF as a whole engine number and then divide up the cylinders....(?)

Second. I was looking at Dwyer's flowmeters which are not too expensive. I wish I knew how to build my own. I have a pump and could set up with a regulator with a testing bypass to set a particular amount of liquid. Thats the easy part. The harder part would be how to change volume amounts without changing discharge pressure using the same "spraying" outlet port. I don't want to see tests scewed because the discharge is different based on trying to get more fluid to the test piece. I hope you guys kinda get what I am saying. All this is just in the "drawing board" stages inside my head.

Now, lets say I have to jet something at the discharge. Carb boosters were brought up, but the draw based on signal strength. Even though there is pressure behind it, well, you know how different motors react with carbs. How about one NOS fogger nozzle. How will it work without the 900 psi from the NOS? How about this, what do you guys think if I were to pressurise a resovoir (spelling?) at 150psi from the air compressor with the fogger nozzle in place?

I will leave it at that for now. I am sorry if my thoughts are all over the place. I will appreciate any feedback
Chris Sikorski
blaktopr

Postby blaktopr » Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:50 pm

I was thinking if I could somehow use my verticle or inclined manometers to do liquid like we do air. ???
Chris Sikorski
blaktopr

Postby Flash » Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:54 pm

Gordon
Flash

Postby 200cfm » Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:25 am

Here is some math: Is this what you need?

1. lbs air per min = CFM X .07651 (at 60 degrees F)

2. lbs air per hour = CFM X .07651 X 60

3. lbs air per min divided by .07651 = CFM

4. Air weight = .07651 lbs per cubic foot. (temp and Bp ???)

5. grams air per min X .1323 = lbs per min of air

From an old book I have. I have some spare fuel injectors from several Jaguar V12's engines I got rid of this year to get garage space. Let me know if you want a few of them.
200cfm

Postby blaktopr » Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:00 am

Thanks guys. I also have Dodge Ram injectors. Not sure of LBS/hr rate though.
I have some different numbers Tom. I'll post them for as cross reference.
Chris Sikorski
blaktopr

Postby blaktopr » Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:49 am

Chris Sikorski
blaktopr

Postby blaktopr » Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:26 am

Sooooo, basically a stock injector may flow the rate needed or more wide open, but need like a NOS progressive controller to cycle the injector for the required LBS rate.

Here's a shot in the dark. Could the injector be triggered with like a points setup or a homemede crank trigger? If I know the circumference and the speed, I guess I can figure out the trigger speed and duration would be the ?

I also know that there is a timed contactor to get that can be set for on and off at I think as little as .1sec or even .01sec. I have to look into it.
Chris Sikorski
blaktopr

Postby blaktopr » Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:00 pm

Check this out. Dart link showing flow difference and HP difference using the wetflow stuff. CFM #'s up very little but bigger difference with HP/TQ curves.
Chris Sikorski
blaktopr

Postby bruce » Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:52 pm

You need one of these;

"There is no more formidable adversary than one who perceives he has nothing to lose." - Gen. George S. Patton
bruce
Site Admin

Postby blaktopr » Wed Oct 14, 2009 1:26 pm

Thanks a bunch Bruce!
Chris Sikorski
blaktopr

Postby 200cfm » Wed Oct 14, 2009 2:01 pm

Looks like they have a method of determining the fuel mixture in the test cylinder. They know what the ratio is going in and perhaps can monitor the ratio actually existing in the chamber after passing through port and valve. I see know reason why a point distributor couldn't fire an injector.
200cfm

Postby Flash » Wed Oct 14, 2009 2:33 pm

Gordon
Flash

Postby bruce » Wed Oct 14, 2009 4:12 pm

That info was posted in my fuel injector cleaner project thread, I recalled I had it bookmarked.

There is also a lot of info on injector specs on the net. Here is a link to Stan Weiss' site;

"There is no more formidable adversary than one who perceives he has nothing to lose." - Gen. George S. Patton
bruce
Site Admin

Postby Flash » Wed Oct 14, 2009 5:41 pm

Gordon
Flash

Postby 200cfm » Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:52 pm

You would probley have to pick a peak hp rpm (say 6000), then calculate the cfm mass flow for that rpm at some reasonable engine efficiency. Then select a fuel ratio desired and calculate the fuel mass to support the mass of the CFM you previously calculated. But that might not work because that is a live engine with X number of cylinders. The bench is sucking at 28" wc test and X amount of air is flowing at max lift. That amount of air would weight a certain amount in lbs/min or lbs/hour if your motors last that long. :( Perhaps you could reverse math the amount of fluid injected for wet testing for the ratio needed since you know the mass of air at 28" wc and you want to simulate a certain A/F ratio. The trick would be to get the injector timed for that Y amount of wet mass to produce the desired simulated A/F ratio. Using water which then has a different density you would have to figure out a correction for the true amount you inject. Looks very challenging.
200cfm

Next

Return to Wetflow Discussion