[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tractorsport Flowbench Forum Archive • View topic - wanna "see" a port go turbulent?

wanna "see" a port go turbulent?

The old Wetflow forum was unrecoverable so I started a new one.

A place to talk about super secretive wet flow.

This is a closed forum only open to members, if you can read this then you are a member

Postby blaktopr » Fri Oct 31, 2008 7:19 pm

Playing around with different ways to utilize liquid to see what is going on in a port, I tried out a new tool. Simple yet effective. And during testing of it's use, I witnessed what the air is doing as the port aproaches and then goes turbulent. I started the vid at around .475 lift. Port backs up at around .525 to .550. You can see the trend as the valve is being opened until it goes fully turbulent. Sorry guys, I'm a little gitty cause there is so much speculation of why a port backs up, and I'm not sure how many people seen it happen in real time. Without seeing this using wet flow I would have been still scratching my head. Seems that there is so much more to learn without the need of dydes and black light. Vid is a little dark, but you can still see the fluid/wall/valve. If I put more light to it it produced a glare. It's one of those things you can see very well in person.
Chris Sikorski
blaktopr

Postby blaktopr » Fri Oct 31, 2008 7:24 pm

Watch it a few times noting that the liquid is starting from the left side of the shot, rolling over to the right, (common wall), until then just at the wall. Sorry again for the darkness, youtube makes it look a little more darker than off the camera on my computer.
Chris Sikorski
blaktopr

Postby 106-1194218389 » Fri Oct 31, 2008 7:31 pm

106-1194218389

Postby 106-1194218389 » Fri Oct 31, 2008 7:43 pm

I found the thread where Larry Meaux talked extensively about how to work my heads. There were also comments by many of our members and I think this is a very good thread and a real learning one. Larry Meaux also posted the drawing I did of my port and what I did. Take a look at this thread, it is long but very good.

John
106-1194218389

Postby blaktopr » Fri Oct 31, 2008 7:43 pm

John, I must have listened to those cd's a 1000 times. Doing these tests and gathering all that information now gives me a clearer picture. This ssr rolls over too much, it goes backwards on the way to the seat. I find it interesting now how it seems as the valve opens more and gives more window area around the cylinder wall, air starts to use some of that area also. Then that whole thing about the air not knowing what to do with itself once the seat throat takes over with the boundary layer condition becomes more clear. The airspeed goes up as your flow increases. Air then starts to follow the straightest path toward the centerline of the ssr. Speed over the ssr and into the chamber become different at different places. So far that is what I got. Now on why the fluid favors the common wall ssr and seat when it is turbulent and turns to crap and stays there is my next headache.
Chris
Chris Sikorski
blaktopr

Postby 106-1194218389 » Fri Oct 31, 2008 7:46 pm

I would love to have wet flow like you are doing and that is on my list. Good work on your part. Keep it up and let us know what happens.

John
106-1194218389

Postby blaktopr » Fri Oct 31, 2008 7:48 pm

I think I read that before John, have to read it again. Problem with me is I can understand these things through reading and some work that gives a result. Now I can fill in the "between" and fully understand what is being talked about. Thats when my mind is happy.:D
Chris Sikorski
blaktopr

Postby blaktopr » Fri Oct 31, 2008 7:50 pm

Chris Sikorski
blaktopr

Postby blaktopr » Sun Nov 02, 2008 10:47 pm

I'll work on a better video for everyone to see the transition. At least when the testing is done in person, you can see all the trends going on.
Chris Sikorski
blaktopr

Return to Wetflow Discussion