[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tractorsport Flowbench Forum Archive • View topic - New Forum

New Forum

The old Wetflow forum was unrecoverable so I started a new one.

A place to talk about super secretive wet flow.

This is a closed forum only open to members, if you can read this then you are a member

Postby bruce » Sun Sep 07, 2008 10:31 am

Sorry to say we lost all the old posts!!!! Arghhhhhh!

So we will have to start new . . .
"There is no more formidable adversary than one who perceives he has nothing to lose." - Gen. George S. Patton
bruce
Site Admin

Postby larrycavan » Sun Sep 07, 2008 11:51 am

larrycavan
Site Admin

Postby 86rocco1 » Sun Sep 07, 2008 12:37 pm

86rocco1

Postby 106-1194218389 » Sun Sep 07, 2008 1:48 pm

I personally like the idea of of using the intake manifold mounted to the head and using the carb you are going to run to introduce the fluid. Just have the fluid resevoir mounted higher than the carb and then you do not need a pump. That would emmulate the way the carb introduces the fuel and the way the manifold affects the air flow. I know in my case when I mount the intake manifold the air flow smooths way out. Almost all the turbulence is gone. So IMNSHO (in my not so humble opinion :D ) I think that needs to be taken into account.

John
106-1194218389

Postby Otto » Mon Sep 08, 2008 12:52 am

i agree that the manifold & carb have to be mounted in some instances air cleaner less filter if there are bends or somthing that directs the air movement in "bends" one direction or where your not pulling "still" air.
Otto

just another one man show
workin to play
Otto

Postby larrycavan » Tue Sep 09, 2008 5:00 pm

Otto & John

I'm with you guys on that thinking. Too many things can influence the distribution. I think simulating the setup you're intending to run is probably going to paint the best picture.

JMO

Larry C
larrycavan
Site Admin

Postby AEDCarburetors » Wed Sep 10, 2008 4:15 am

i think it needs to be more of a "Total Induction Bench"

Definately use the intended carb and manifold to wet flow

Inline 4 and 6 cyl would be easy as the carb would sit in reasonable location as in situe..

V banked engines i think would probably have to have a 45deg or whatever angle head wedge plate ...... ... the anglling of the head on the wedge adapter would allow a better view of intake port as well on a bench without a back board.
AEDCarburetors

Postby blaktopr » Thu Sep 11, 2008 4:54 pm

A wedge. Now that makes me wonder if the force of gravity (and from an accelerating car) comes into play or not of the fuel (water) in the airstream? Conventionally, the head (V8 especially) is mounted horizontally on a bench. And when an intake runner is added, that is horizontal. Will have to check if the head was tested at the true installed angle, would the mixture slighly change from the conventional. This is for viewing inside the runner only. But there may be a change in the chamber?? Maybe a little too much. But a little here and a little there adds up and the other guy scratching his head even more.
Chris Sikorski
blaktopr

Postby blaktopr » Thu Sep 11, 2008 5:01 pm

What is the proper method of introducing fluid into the port?[quote]

Thats something we all still have to find out, and Im sure we will.
Chris Sikorski
blaktopr

Postby CarbGuy » Wed Sep 17, 2008 2:33 pm

CarbGuy

Postby Otto » Thu Sep 18, 2008 12:12 am

on the g forces maybe standig head on end would be worth a shot just to see the effect and how much difference from wedged
Otto

just another one man show
workin to play
Otto

Postby 106-1194218389 » Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:07 am

I have an idea! Let's put our flow benches in a centrifuge. :p Only trouble is I would up chuck on my heads. :D

John
106-1194218389

Postby blaktopr » Thu Sep 18, 2008 5:35 pm

That's OK John. That stuff is the perfect consistency for evaluating wet flow. Not to mention, you dont have to build anything to introduce it into the airstream. :p
Chris Sikorski
blaktopr

Return to Wetflow Discussion