[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tractorsport Flowbench Forum Archive • View topic - Air Temp, Flow Valves, & Intake/Exhaust

Air Temp, Flow Valves, & Intake/Exhaust

Orifice Style bench discussions

Postby 102-1081363915 » Wed Jun 09, 2004 3:11 pm

Instead of typing 3 new topics (ok, I'm lazy!) I'll put it all in here.

#1 - Air temp, I know I read on here with the Orifice bench air temp doesn't matter. I am confused, is the SF-110 a orifice or pitot tube bench? I used a friends SF-110 yesterday and there is a HUGE difference between 80 and 120 degrees temp in the bench. With the MSD style bench, does it matter?

#2 - Flow valves. The stainless mixing bowls like MSD shows, anyone found anything better? They look to work well, just looking for other options (if there is any), or should I stick with the mixing bowls.

#3 - Bench intake & exhaust. Has anyone seen the "blast valves" used in dust collection systems? I was browsing my Grizzly catalog and that appears it will work very well, and the price is just right. http://www.grizzly.com/products/items-l ... te=grizzly

#4 - Digital manometers. I want to have my bench (the plans so far) where I can test at 36"-40" range. Instead of having a 40" manometer, I have found a "reasonable" digital manometer (about $170) that looks like it would work well. Has anyone on here played with the digital manometers?
102-1081363915

Postby Greg » Wed Jun 09, 2004 4:22 pm

Jamie,
I picked up a Meriam digital manometer off eBay for $75. It reads from 0-200" h2o in 0.1 increments and works fine. I am going to use it with pitot tubes for port velocity measurements.
Ebay is fantastic for this type of stuff, everything I've bought works ok and the price is usually really good.

Greg.
Greg

Postby Terry_Zakis » Wed Jun 09, 2004 5:52 pm

Isn't there supposed to be a temperature correction for the SF110 bench?

I was thinking the same thing on the blast gates, and picked up a couple. The problem is that they don't seal well at all, because they usually work on vacuum dust collection sysems and don't have to seal well.

You'll find there are plastic ones and another type that's made of a cast aluminum frame. The aluminum one has screws so that you can take it apart. They may be able to work if you can find a way to introduce a seal into them.
Terry_Zakis

Postby rob » Sun Jun 20, 2004 10:23 am

Blast Gates:www.pennstateind.com, Pg 13 on line catalog. 4" Alum gates in the 10 to 15 $ range,lots of info.
rob

Postby rob » Sun Jun 20, 2004 11:37 am

Better valve from your RV Store Part # T1003VP Valterra Blade 3" Vavle w/ seals & bolts. Holding Tank shut off valve. In the 10 to 15 $ range
rob

Postby Jocke » Thu Jul 08, 2004 5:55 pm

The thing about SF110 is that it's a Blower-Center bench
The MSD and Mine(modded MSD) are Orifice-Center Benches
In other words, The SF110 blower motors heat the incoming air befor it ejects it through the orifice...
and my bench draws same temp air through both head and orifice... and then heats the air up and ejects it...

Hope I could make myself understood, not an English-expert...
regards from SWEDEN
Jocke

Postby 102-1081363915 » Mon Aug 02, 2004 3:45 pm

Thanks for the tip Rob. I picked up 2 today at the local RV store for $10.50 each. Good find.
102-1081363915

Postby 102-1081363915 » Tue Aug 10, 2004 4:29 pm

102-1081363915

Return to Orifice Style bench discussion