[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tractorsport Flowbench Forum Archive • View topic - Presure tube location, again

Presure tube location, again

Orifice Style bench discussions

Postby cboggs » Thu Jun 02, 2005 9:53 pm

OK, .. just checking this again.

The locations for the presure tubes, .. test presure pick up above the
orifice plate, .. or in the settle chamber just under the test orifice??

Inclined pick ups go above and below the orifice disc???

Anyone know where they are located in a SF-600 ??????

Thanks

Curtis
Curtis Boggs
Racing Flow Development.
cboggs

Postby Mouse » Fri Jun 03, 2005 10:37 am

This looks correct to me....

John
Mouse

Postby cboggs » Fri Jun 03, 2005 2:25 pm

Thanks Mouse, ..

so, OK, .. might sound stupid, .. but, .. the vertical is measuring
the pressure drop across the test piece, .. the head, .. the inclined
is measuring the pressure drop across the orifice plate, ..

So, .. when I go to calibrate this thing, .. if I have test plates made
with the same size orifice as the disc, .. I should get 100% on the
inclined, .. then if I flow those same discs on a SF-600 and use
those numbers as my flow range, .. will that work?????

Thanks,

Curtis
Curtis Boggs
Racing Flow Development.
cboggs

Postby 86rocco » Fri Jun 03, 2005 3:01 pm

86rocco

Postby larrycavan » Sat Jun 04, 2005 8:51 am

larrycavan
Site Admin

Postby msj442 » Tue Feb 26, 2008 11:26 pm

is there a standard of how far the tubes go into the chambers on this style of bench?
msj442

Postby Maxflow » Tue Mar 25, 2008 8:34 pm

The flow bench gives the little guy the ability to make
horsepower with cheep stock heads.
Maxflow

Postby 200cfm » Tue Mar 25, 2008 10:40 pm

Not that I am aware of. As long as the entry point is sealed good and the pick up is sensing settled or stable air pressure. You would not want it over the orfice area for example or near the cylinder bore entry point, etc. Mine is off to the sides about two inches entry off the wall. In a air settle area is my preference.
200cfm

Postby 106-1194218389 » Wed Mar 26, 2008 12:11 am

On my bench they are flush with the inside of the chamber wall and in the corners away from the activity and seem to work very well. Very stable function.
106-1194218389

Postby Maxflow » Wed Mar 26, 2008 6:21 pm

Thanks guys. What do you think of this tip I drew up for the
end of the pick up tube.
Maxflow

Postby larrycavan » Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:41 pm

Nice drawing.....might be overkill though. I used brake line and drilled the small radial holes in it. Works fine.

I did deburr the cut ends and smoothed them up real well.
larrycavan
Site Admin

Postby bruce » Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:49 pm

Here is a picture of the one I used on my PTS bench build:
"There is no more formidable adversary than one who perceives he has nothing to lose." - Gen. George S. Patton
bruce
Site Admin

Postby bruce » Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:49 pm

Outside:
"There is no more formidable adversary than one who perceives he has nothing to lose." - Gen. George S. Patton
bruce
Site Admin

Postby Maxflow » Sat Mar 29, 2008 11:21 am

Bruce does that work better than a tube sticking out into the
chamber?
Maxflow

Postby bruce » Sat Mar 29, 2008 2:45 pm

I think you will find different theories on this. I personally like a flush mount pickup, others use the multiple hole setup like the drawing.

Which one works the best?

I sure don't know and would not say I am an expert on it either. But the ones I show in the picture is what I am using in my personal bench build, or a flush tube through the bench wall.

I made my design so if it did not work I could always remove it and try something else. The end goal is to have your pickups located such that they do not get any velocity pressure from the airflow in your bench.
bruce
Site Admin

Next

Return to Orifice Style bench discussion