[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tractorsport Flowbench Forum Archive • View topic - Presure tube location, again

Presure tube location, again

Orifice Style bench discussions

Postby Maxflow » Sat Mar 29, 2008 7:05 pm

With your flush mount pickup you may be in the boundary layer of non moving air. Does any one have any thoughts?
The flow bench gives the little guy the ability to make
horsepower with cheep stock heads.
Maxflow

Postby bruce » Sat Mar 29, 2008 7:53 pm

"There is no more formidable adversary than one who perceives he has nothing to lose." - Gen. George S. Patton
bruce
Site Admin

Postby Maxflow » Mon Mar 31, 2008 5:38 am

The flow bench gives the little guy the ability to make
horsepower with cheep stock heads.
Maxflow

Postby bruce » Mon Mar 31, 2008 7:18 am

My "design" is nothing more than a carriage bolt faced off, drilled and tapped on one end for the barb fitting and a small hole drilled on the other end. The drilled/tapped hole goes 7/8's of the way through and connects with the small hole.

I also turn the carriage bolt area that is square under the head round so it gives a tight seal in a drilled hole in the bench. It can then be sealed in place. I plan on offering a set of these forsale in my parts area for those members who can not machine them themselves. As with my other parts they will be cost effective for the "Average Joe".

Edited By bruce on 1206962469
"There is no more formidable adversary than one who perceives he has nothing to lose." - Gen. George S. Patton
bruce
Site Admin

Postby MMack » Tue Apr 01, 2008 10:15 am

Very elegant solution! I love it when you can turn the cheap into the really neat!

Mike
MMack

Postby 86rocco1 » Tue Apr 01, 2008 10:53 am

86rocco1

Postby msj442 » Fri May 23, 2008 11:13 am

what size carriage bolt did you start with? 3/8? and what exactly what size is the hole? and one last question. is the size for the barb fitting 1/8 pipe thread? any help would be appreciated.
thanks,max
its pretty sad i bought alot of materials based on mercdog plans and now ive decided to go with bruces plans. funny how plans and ideas change.
msj442

Postby bruce » Fri May 23, 2008 12:41 pm

bruce
Site Admin

Postby hdwgfx » Fri May 23, 2008 1:24 pm

Thanks,
david
hdwgfx

Postby bruce » Fri May 23, 2008 4:51 pm

I used a 5/16" carriage bolt not a 3/8" sorry for any confusion in my previous post reply.
bruce
Site Admin

Postby Tony » Fri May 23, 2008 7:19 pm

I must confess, my bench has nothing quite so sophisticated.

I just drilled a 1/4 inch hole through the MDF, and glued in a bit of 1/4 inch steel bundy brake line. A rubber hose then slips over the projecting pipe stub.
Also known as the infamous "Warpspeed" on some other Forums.
Tony

Postby msj442 » Fri May 23, 2008 10:07 pm

ok guys and bruce
thanks for reply. its crazy i have been looking at those pickups for awhile now and didnt even notice material that they were made of then when i stumbled across a post that said what they were i just laughed and said to myself "DUH" lol. i just thought it was funny thought i would share this.
later,max
msj442

Postby bruce » Sat May 24, 2008 3:53 am

I actually bought a box of carriage bolts & nuts and was planning on adding the pickups to my forsale parts selection, just haven't got around to doing it just yet.
bruce
Site Admin

Postby msj442 » Sat May 24, 2008 10:42 am

oh well pretty simple lathe project anyway. ive got a small lathe that should do it just fine.
anyways thanks again bruce,i know youve heard this thousands of times but ill add one more.
max
msj442

Postby msj442 » Sat May 24, 2008 10:59 am

hey bruce,
do you think there will be alot of leaking at the divider plate? i read a thread about slider gate valves in your plans instead of divider plate. do you think it would be a good idea to do this instead of plate? alot more expensive but if a better idea why not ,right?
im trying to picture this and am having trouble. basically one would be open and one would be closed and visa versa right?
thanks, max
msj442

PreviousNext

Return to Orifice Style bench discussion