[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tractorsport Flowbench Forum Archive • View topic - My bench

My bench

Orifice Style bench discussions

Postby bruce » Wed Dec 14, 2005 10:01 am

Tie wrap a good heavy duty plastic bag over them?

Edited By bruce on 1134568920
"There is no more formidable adversary than one who perceives he has nothing to lose." - Gen. George S. Patton
bruce
Site Admin

Postby 86rocco » Wed Dec 14, 2005 10:43 am

Have you seen
86rocco

Postby Mousehouse1 » Wed Dec 14, 2005 1:21 pm

I found some rubber stoppers at McMaster Carr that will work for now. They should be here by the first of next week.

Just need them to run a few tests and to block off the motors I am not going to use all of the time. Should only need 4-6 motors for most of my testing.

Rocco I saw your other post. Send me a couple of pictures when you get a chance or post them on here.
Mousehouse1

Postby 86rocco » Wed Dec 14, 2005 1:44 pm

I'll get those pictures up later today. FWIW, I've found that my local TSC store has got rubber stoppers from 1/2" to 2 1/2" in 1/8" increments
86rocco

Postby larrycavan » Wed Dec 14, 2005 6:52 pm

larrycavan
Site Admin

Postby Mousehouse1 » Thu Dec 15, 2005 8:42 pm

I got a chance to do a little testing tonight and decided to see how close my bench was to the numbers Bruce wrote on the orifice plates he tested on his bench. Every plate was within 5 cfm. I used the largest one to test the smaller ones.

I did notice one thing. When I put the cylinder head fixture on the bench and flowed the orifice plates the flow increased a little for each one. Is this normal? It didn't increase much but it increase.
Mousehouse1

Postby Thomas Vaught » Thu Dec 15, 2005 10:35 pm

The closer you get to the bore size with your orifice the more influence that the bore size has on the flow numbers. At some point you are actually flowing the pipe and the cd numbers get higher than normal.

Tom V.
Thomas Vaught

Postby Mousehouse1 » Sat Dec 31, 2005 9:09 pm

Did my first exhaust test today and everything worked fine. Just waiting on my heads to come back so I can do a little testing on them.

The orifice plates are working great. I found out I don't need but 2-3 plates. I ended up having Bruce make me 5 of them. They range from 150cfm all the way up to 700cfm.

I think some of my leakage (less than 5cfm) is either coming from the cheap side deck plates or the valve bowl area. I am going to add a piece of rubber matting under the bowls and that should take care of that problem. Then replace the side deck plates. Should be able to get 1-2cfm of leakage. I am happy with less then 5cfm but why not try for 0 if I can get it there.
Mousehouse1

Previous

Return to Orifice Style bench discussion