[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tractorsport Flowbench Forum Archive • View topic - orifice plate leaking

orifice plate leaking

Orifice Style bench discussions

Postby Thomas Vaught » Fri Dec 30, 2005 2:45 pm

Rick,

The SF300 is EXACTLY the same as the SF600 except for the addition of two extra motors, the fluid change to the 1.91 sg fluid (vs the SF300 using the red .826 fluid), and possibly the electronic readout "Flow-Com" deal which was not available when the SF 300 was sold.

The orifices dimensions are the same size, the manometer is the same Durablock 246 piece, the dimensions are the same, same number of ranges, etc, etc.

By the way the SF300 bench was a very accurate bench for its time and would flow 400 cfm.

Tom V.
Thomas Vaught

Postby larrycavan » Fri Dec 30, 2005 8:53 pm

larrycavan
Site Admin

Postby Rick360 » Sat Dec 31, 2005 12:59 am

Larry,
I'm not sure if I understand exactly what you are saying, but...

Any manometer operated in the same scale range (length of fluid movement) with different fluids will have ranges that are proportional to the S.G. of the fluids.

The distance the fluid rises in the vertical well has to be the same because the distance the fluid moves in the slanted leg is the same, since it's using the same scale length. If it's moving the same angled distance the same exact volume is displaced into the vertical well and would have to be the same rise.

However a manometer is constructed, if it is correct to begin with, you can change fluids and use this formula to find the range for any new fluid in that manometer using the same scale length. If the manometer scale is marked in "wc the scale will be wrong, but if it is in "%" or "% of flow"(sq.rt) it will be correct to the new range.

New_Range = Old_Range x (New_S.G./Old_S.G.)

7.264"wc = 6"wc x (1.000/.826)

Rick
Rick360

Postby cboggs » Sat Dec 31, 2005 11:18 am

Curtis Boggs
Racing Flow Development.
cboggs

Postby larrycavan » Sat Dec 31, 2005 11:27 am

Rick

You're correct. Had my head screwed on crooked for a minute there...I thought you were suggesting that you could simply add more fluid to the well.....
larrycavan
Site Admin

Postby Thomas Vaught » Sat Dec 31, 2005 2:49 pm

I have it now too.

Exactly how SF gets their 13.87 W.C. height for the new higher
air flows from the old bench.

Course their 1.91 fluid is a mixture so it might be off on the s.g.
on occasion.

So the deal is you actually have with the 1.00 s.g. fluid a 7.264"
w.c. that you could input into 86rocco's spreadsheet and get the
correct orifice sizes for the flow you wanted.

Thanks.

I was having trouble figuring out how you got to 8.000 w.c. as
the math did not add up.

Tom V.
Thomas Vaught

Postby gofaster » Sat Dec 31, 2005 4:46 pm

Curtis,
The person I dealt with at Dwer was a lady in engineering named Sherli. Once I got an order started with sales, they put me through to Sherli to iron out the details. If you tell her you want the same thing she made for me, it may go a little faster. Here's her e-mail:
SSherli@dwyermail.com

I have an extra, PM me if you're interested.
Jim
gofaster

Postby cboggs » Sat Dec 31, 2005 10:18 pm

Curtis Boggs
Racing Flow Development.
cboggs

Postby cboggs » Sun Jan 01, 2006 12:38 pm

for those of you wondering what this thing looks like, ..
Curtis Boggs
Racing Flow Development.
cboggs

Postby gofaster » Sun Jan 01, 2006 1:55 pm

Great Looking Bench!
Jim
gofaster

Postby swolds » Sun Jan 01, 2006 6:56 pm

That is one nicely crafted piece...wow
swolds

Postby Thomas Vaught » Sun Jan 01, 2006 11:55 pm

Like they said, "You done good!"

Do I get a royality for the "Port Hole" like the SF guys were supposed to send me? LOL I am not holding my breath on that deal either.

Good job!

Tom V.
Thomas Vaught

Postby cboggs » Mon Jan 02, 2006 12:22 am

Thanks for the compliments guys, ..

going over to a friends tomorrow to make the orifice plate, .. seeing
as we don't have the proper boring head for our mill, ..
so I'm hoping tomorrow night or Tuesday it'll be up & running.

Curtis
Curtis Boggs
Racing Flow Development.
cboggs

Postby cboggs » Thu Jan 05, 2006 9:35 pm

here's a photo of the orifice plate through the port hole.

I used a 19" x 10" aluminum plate with three orfice holes in it, ..
got the rubber stoppers from McMaster-Carr, ..

I have a 100 cfm, 200cfm & 400 cfm hole, .. for 7 different ranges
up to 700 cfm.

Curtis
Curtis Boggs
Racing Flow Development.
cboggs

Postby Mousehouse1 » Thu Jan 05, 2006 11:01 pm

Curtis I like the deck plate in front. I decided to go a little over board with deck plates. After having trouble getting inside the bench I decided to make sure that would happen again. I have 2 deck plates on each side and one in the front. Plus the top and back of the bench are removable (Thanks to Larry).
Mousehouse1

PreviousNext

Return to Orifice Style bench discussion