[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tractorsport Flowbench Forum Archive • View topic - Inclined mano scale??

Inclined mano scale??

Orifice Style bench discussions

Postby cboggs » Fri Jul 01, 2005 11:40 am

There was a post some where here regarding the inclined manometer
scale, .. but I can't find it.

I have the Dwyer durablock inclined and want to special order
the scale for it, .. but can't remember what I'm supposed to
ask for, .. ( getting old )

I'm going to use the special "blue" fluid as well, ..

Thanks gang, ..

Curtis
Curtis Boggs
Racing Flow Development.
cboggs

Postby Thomas Vaught » Fri Jul 01, 2005 7:57 pm

The "Square Root Scale" that you need can be made by the Dwyer
manometer people but they will resist doing it. (They sell a lot of manometers to the "Blue Guys"

You can get exactly the same results using the 0-6" H2O conventional scale that comes with the manometer and using a excel spreadsheet conversion program to get percent reading if you want them.

JMO

Tom V.
Thomas Vaught

Postby JRM » Sat Jul 02, 2005 12:33 pm

JRM

Postby Thomas Vaught » Sat Jul 02, 2005 4:19 pm

The model number is a Durablock 246 BUT the manometer WILL come with
a scale calibrated for red .826 manometer fluid and a 6 inch scale with even 1" increments.

I have a few of the inclined manometers on the shelf.

Tom V.
Thomas Vaught

Postby cboggs » Sun Jul 03, 2005 12:20 am

Tom,

Yes I have the 246 but the 6" scale with the red fluid, ..
I want to convert it for the blue fluid and use sqare root scale, ..

will Dwyer sell me a sqare root scale for it???
They haven't replyed to my e-mails, ..

Curtis
Curtis Boggs
Racing Flow Development.
cboggs

Postby Thomas Vaught » Sun Jul 03, 2005 9:11 am

No Kidding!

They really resist making the square root scales especially for the blue
fluid as the SF people are the only OEM bench people using that combination and they value their sales to the SF people.

I have see where people duplicated the square root scale by copying
a SF scale but you could do the same thing by using one of the square
root excel files Rocco has posted in the past and making your own.

I had ten replacement scales made for Ford Motor Company about
5 years ago after someone stole the scales off some of our benches
but the Dwyer people even resisted that deal (even with supplying the
SF bench numbers).

Tom V.
Thomas Vaught

Return to Orifice Style bench discussion