[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tractorsport Flowbench Forum Archive • View topic - Initial Test Results

Initial Test Results

Orifice Style bench discussions

Postby Nick » Sun Dec 18, 2005 4:49 am

I spent an hour reading through this tread, and the only logical answer was something is wrong with your math, that's why I asked to see the scale. I did not want to make you mad by questioning your math. I hope it works out for you.

Nick
Nick

Postby Dom G » Sun Dec 18, 2005 11:08 am

Nick

I appreciate that you asked to see the scale because as I stated it prompted me to re-examine the process I was following. And as mentioned several times throughout this thread I knew there was a common denominator affecting my results, I just kept looking in the wrong place.

Thanks again.

Dom
Dom G

Postby Trebor » Sat Dec 31, 2005 5:56 pm

[quote]The reason the numbers and test results did not make sense is because I'm an idiot.

Dom, That statement had me rolling on the floor with laughter. After reading the whole thread I was questioning my own ability to build a bench. I figured that if anything is going to go wrong. It'll be on my bench. It makes me feel better knowing that I am not the only one capable of making simple errors that can turn into nightmares.

I am building a Mercdog bench and found this thread very informative. I was looking forward to a picture of the front of your flowbench to see the manometer. That part has me a little intimidated because I am uncertain how to mark it and make it. I have also never used one so building a proper sized resevoir is still a little un nerving. Being that I am a machinist I am also a perfectionist. This can be a hinderance because I tend to do too much research at times instead of using my valuable spare time to build.

I have no experience with flowbenches, I have never seen one in action, and I have no idea how to use one. I am looking forward to learning how to use one and seeing whether I can create more horsepower and torqure from the engines that I currently have in my toys.
Trebor

Postby Thomas Vaught » Sat Dec 31, 2005 7:08 pm

Quote by Dom:

"Some of you know I'm using a 1 meter scale for my incline manometer. One of the things I've not done yet is create a chart converting the number from the manometer scale to a percentage."

Dom, I believe that 86rocco (Ed) created a metric spreadsheet for me at one time that gave you the percentages for every mm on the scale. Not sure though as the spreadsheet is at
work and I am at home.

Maybe 86rocco can comment on this and save you a bunch of work.

Tom V.
Thomas Vaught

Postby Dom G » Tue Jan 03, 2006 8:57 pm

Trebor

I've try to attached some photos of my inclined scale as well as the reservoir for it. As you can see, I elected to use a 1 meter scale to simplify calculations. ( It works well when your mind is oriented correctly)

I designed and built the reservoir fairly large so the surface area of the fluid is great enough that it doesn't drop hardly at all when the inclined manometer is at 100%. The reservoir is mounted on a simple spring loaded slide that allows me to easily and quickly zero the fluid level of the inclined by turning a threaded rod.

Hope this helps.

Dom
Dom G

Postby Dom G » Tue Jan 03, 2006 9:00 pm

I tried to attach three photos to one message and I guess I do not know how so here's the second one. The third one will follow.

PS.... I tried doing a search to find out how to add multiple pictures but couldn't find anything. If someone would be kind enough to describe the procedure, I would appreciate it. Or point me to a link.
Dom G

Postby Dom G » Tue Jan 03, 2006 9:02 pm

Here's the last one. Although the scale on the last picture doesn't look straight, it really is.

My digital camera takes great pictures except up close. Sorry.
Dom G

Postby PFM » Tue Jan 03, 2006 10:54 pm

All,

Great thread, some nice benches too. Larry C. your photo of your bench shows a PC(?) with some software and you state you use an FP1, what software is shown? My bench is using an FP1 and it works well, but the software is not known to me.

Regards,

PFM
PFM

Postby Mousehouse1 » Tue Jan 03, 2006 10:58 pm

That is software that Larry designed.
Mousehouse1

Postby larrycavan » Fri Jan 06, 2006 10:56 pm

larrycavan
Site Admin

Postby Dom G » Mon Jan 09, 2006 9:25 pm

Mousehouse1

A few pages ago when we were discussing what my six 16-1234 motors would flow, you said

Dom I will do a few more tests in the next couple of days and see what all 10 motors will do[quote]

I'm wondering whether you have tried a flow test to see what your 10 motors will flow or did I miss it along the way?

Thanks.

Dom
Dom G

Postby Mousehouse1 » Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:04 pm

Dom I am sorry and totally forgot about it. At the time I posted that I only had a 600cfm plate. Bruce made me another plate that is suppose to go to 700cfm. I was able to pull around 600 with 8 motors so I figure I should hit the 700 mark with 10. I had to close the intake valve quite a bit with 8 motors to keep the depression at 28". I will try to test my biggest plate this week and let you know.

I don't see a problem hitting a little over 700 with 10 motors. Time will tell. I will put a note on my bench to test all 10 motors so I won't forget this time.

Again sorry I forgot.
Mousehouse1

Postby Dom G » Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:09 pm

Mousehouse1

Not a problem, I was just curious to see if you had a chance to test all ten motors.

Dom
Dom G

Previous

Return to Orifice Style bench discussion