[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tractorsport Flowbench Forum Archive • View topic - Need good motors..

Need good motors..

Orifice Style bench discussions

Postby Mouse » Mon Jul 11, 2005 6:12 pm

Shawn,
Yes, I did smoke one using an electronic speed controller however. My new bench uses an air bleed valve, so I can just turn on all the motors. The bleed valve works best because it is fast, and the motors stay cool.

John
Mouse

Postby larrycavan » Mon Jul 11, 2005 9:49 pm

larrycavan
Site Admin

Postby Mouse » Tue Jul 12, 2005 3:11 pm

Thanks Larry, consider it an investment. I have been seeing some very cool Excel spread sheets for use with the new FPcomXL software. I am working on a port velocity profile graph now and it looks like it is going to be great.

John
Mouse

Postby cspeier » Tue Jul 12, 2005 4:57 pm

I agree, John's comming up with some real cool stuff!

I followed a lead on the vertron blower motors. I emailed them looking for a motor big enough for 60 inches and 800 cfm. This is the email and quote I received.

"We do have a blower that can meet this operating point. It is the X40-200
10HP model. The price is $5,658.00. You will also need a filter kit, which
we can sell to you for $532.00."

WOW!! I just need a motor not stock! just kidding!!
cspeier

Postby 84-1074663779 » Tue Jul 12, 2005 6:35 pm

Those big blowers can sometimes be found secondhand lurking around in machinery wrecking yards for a small fraction of new cost.

The trick is to know what you are looking at, and be in the right place at the right time. With a bit of research you can estimate blower flow/pressure from inlet and outlet areas, wheel diameter and motor Rpm and Hp.

If it has a model number or rating plate, an internet search will often turn up the exact specifications of a junk yard blower.
84-1074663779

Postby Mousehouse1 » Tue Jul 12, 2005 10:29 pm

I wondered if there was a board like this around. Great information.

Chad did you decide to change your whole setup? I decide to build a bench and you change everything. Once I figure out how to wire mine I will be in business. Let me know what you find out on all of the digital stuff.
Mousehouse1

Previous

Return to Orifice Style bench discussion