[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tractorsport Flowbench Forum Archive • View topic - Calibration Test - Digital Calibration

Calibration Test - Digital Calibration

Orifice Style bench discussions

Postby larrycavan » Sun Dec 11, 2005 6:08 pm

After repainting my bench this past week and applying paint to the cabinet inside surfaces as well, I decided to do some calibration testing to see if my Cd values had changed.

Using the FP1 118.7CFM@28" calibration plate I obtained the following results with a .515Cd on a 2.035" orifice

28" - 118.7 [factory specs for the FP1

I then decided to test down progressively in pressure and compare actualy results to calculated conversion values.

25" 111.6 CFM ----Calculated 28>25 112.2 CFM
15" 84.7 CFM ----Calculated 28>15 86.9 CFM
10" 68.4 CFM ----Calculated 28>10 71 CFM

Next up with my Superflow 110 test plate 153.2CFM @10". I mounted the plate with the small hole toward the front of the bench for the first test.

10" 149.9 CFM ----Calculated 10>20 212 CFM
20" 213.9 CFM Actual reading at 20"

I turned the plate around 180* - small hole to the back

10" 146.5 CFM Calculated 10>20 207.2 CFM
20" 211.0 CFM Actual reading at 20"

During the last test, the furnace blower kicked on. Though there is no heading vent near the flowbench, there may have been small influence from air movement in the room.

I hadn't expected the calculated results for other pressures to match the actual readings I got and they didn't. All things considered though, I think the readings came out rather good.

Comments..thoughts..input are welcome...

Larry C

:)
larrycavan
Site Admin

Postby DaveW » Sun Dec 11, 2005 8:53 pm

Larry was your bench that accurate before the paint or did the paint make a difference?

Dave
DaveW

Postby larrycavan » Sun Dec 11, 2005 9:14 pm

larrycavan
Site Admin

Return to Orifice Style bench discussion