[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tractorsport Flowbench Forum Archive • View topic - number of flow orfices

number of flow orfices

Orifice Style bench discussions

Postby Maxflow » Sun Apr 29, 2007 10:23 pm

I have a orfice disc made from the mercdog plans.
my question is should i block some of the orfices or use
them all. It has 8 sizes. Range is from 7/8 to 3".
The flow bench gives the little guy the ability to make
horsepower with cheep stock heads.
Maxflow

Postby MMack » Mon Apr 30, 2007 8:32 am

I am interested in this too. From some older posts, I was thinking about 4 plates. Mine are 7/8", 1-1/4", 2", and 3". This was to give about a 2:1 step up. The top of one will be the 50% of the next. These are home made in the shop at work, not the quality of Bruces plates, but should be a starting point. I am already over budget by a factor of 2-3 for this build and am running out of time to get my race car ready for the first outing of the year! They will work for comparative work, just not absolute. That will come later.

Mike
MMack

Postby 200cfm » Mon Apr 30, 2007 9:37 pm

On my bench I stayed with the number and range of orifice plates for the particular head I was most interested in flowing. And I had Bruce make up those sizes that would cover the lift range and still keep the range within the upper 60% of the incline. This aids in accuracy and allows good sensitivity to changes.
200cfm

Return to Orifice Style bench discussion