[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tractorsport Flowbench Forum Archive • View topic - Orifice plate holder?

Orifice plate holder?

Orifice Style bench discussions

Postby bruce » Fri Apr 21, 2006 8:03 pm

Over the past few weeks I have had numerous people ask me how to hold the orifice plates in a bench. This got me thinking on making up something to hold my orifice plates. Here is a pic of what I have come up with so far.

It starts life as a PVC toilet bowl ring (trying to keep final costs down for the DIY'er), I machined it out large enough to hold a round orifice plate, the plate will be sealed with an o-ring and held in place with spring loaded fingers (still working this out, should have something by the end of this weekend).

All the end user will have to do is make a hole for this to install over and bolt it fast, access can be via a deck plate or what ever means you want for changing the plates.

Edited By bruce on 1145664375
"There is no more formidable adversary than one who perceives he has nothing to lose." - Gen. George S. Patton
bruce
Site Admin

Postby SWR » Thu Aug 02, 2007 12:10 pm

Did anything ever come of this? Did it work?
SWR

Postby bruce » Sat Aug 04, 2007 6:11 am

This project is sitting on my office desk, did not generate any interest so it was "pushed aside" for other more important projects . . . like the big ass blower build :)
"There is no more formidable adversary than one who perceives he has nothing to lose." - Gen. George S. Patton
bruce
Site Admin

Postby SWR » Sat Aug 04, 2007 9:52 am

Ok.. come to think of it,why not just machine slots in the outer edge of the orifice plate itself? Will the blower be available as a ready-made part,or as drawings to make one yourself? I'm tried of ALMOST making 28" at the higher lifts...
SWR

Postby bruce » Sat Aug 04, 2007 12:11 pm

The orifice plates can be machined with slots or drilled for an added cost.

If the blower works my thoughts are to maybe draw up some plans and offer them for sale, I'd have to discuss this with Tony before anything final is done.
bruce
Site Admin

Return to Orifice Style bench discussion