[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tractorsport Flowbench Forum Archive • View topic - fixture mounting disk info needed

fixture mounting disk info needed

Orifice Style bench discussions

Postby bseibenick » Mon Jan 23, 2006 4:46 pm

Doh...just this morning I ordered the handle for the orifice disk. One thing I did differently to the disk from the Mercdog plans was the took the gap between the disk and the spacer down to under an eigth of an inch...only because I cut the spacer and disk out of the same piece using a rotary table on my bridgeport.
bseibenick

Postby bseibenick » Mon Jan 23, 2006 4:50 pm

Do you have any drawings/pictures of your modified top area?

I was planning on painting the bench after I got it working, but it sounds like I should do it ahead of time. Does a particular type of paint seem to work best? (latex, acylic, enamel, etc).

I did make the vavle seal with silicone. The 'seat' of the seal is almost 1/2" wide. The biggest problem I may have is keeping some kind of lube on the valves to keep them from sticking to the silicone. When the valves are 'dry' when I close them I have issues with opening them without the rod unscrewing from the valve.

Brian
bseibenick

Postby Mousehouse1 » Mon Jan 23, 2006 6:48 pm

You might consider putting a couple of deck plates in the chamber under the orifice disk. I had the same problem with my valve bowls. I couldn't keep them tight. At least the top nuts. I ended up installing two more deck plates so I could access that area.

Any type house paint that isn't oil based will work. I think I used a quart and 1/2 to paint mine. If you used clear or non paintable silicone you will have a problem getting the paint to stick to it. I painted those areas with silicone with spray paint and then after that dried painted over it with my other paint.

I was going to explain it but it started to turn into a book. Send me a pm with your email address and I will send you a few pictures.

I found the post I was looking for. It will give you an idea of what you need to do.

The pictures are close to the bottom of page 2.
Mousehouse1

Postby bseibenick » Mon Jan 23, 2006 10:00 pm

Just send you a PM with my email. Also, I just ordered a piece of aluminum off eBay that is 1/8" x 6" x48" for the front panel for $21 shipped. Also found a place that would sell me a piece of 1" thick x 7" diameter aluminum to make a fixture mounting plate for $17. I don't have a lathe (yet) but should be able to make the plate on my Bridgeport using a rotary table. It should be interesting.
bseibenick

Postby Jesse Lackman » Mon Feb 19, 2007 9:37 pm

Jesse Lackman

Jesse Lackman

Postby FPV_GTp » Mon Dec 08, 2008 7:45 pm

Hi bseibenick , any further updates ? hows the flowbench running ? do you have a link too your website ?

cheers
Ford Sale - ( Melb , Aust ) - Engine Dynamometer Heenan & Froude G490EH 1,500Bhp@15,000rpm - Ship World Wide
FPV_GTp

Postby bowtie482 » Fri Jan 16, 2009 4:09 am

on the inside and the outside i would suggest using minwax polyurethane clear or satin sealer. it is designed for wood and makes a very durable finish. i too have a bench very similar to yours based off the mercdog plans and also at about the same stage as yours and would like to bs about some changes and some mods that might work. pm me if you are insterested in some info. bench looks good and as with any project they are never "done". keep up the good work.
"ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country." john f kennedy
bowtie482

Previous

Return to Orifice Style bench discussion