[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tractorsport Flowbench Forum Archive • View topic - FP1 experiences/opinions? - FP1 experiences/opinions?

FP1 experiences/opinions? - FP1 experiences/opinions?

Orifice Style bench discussions

Postby bseibenick » Sun Jan 22, 2006 2:23 pm

After doing some research I am really thinking about not even trying to build manometers for my MSD flowbench I am building and just buying the FP1. I have already gotten great info from the people at flowperformance.com. I am just curious on what others have thought about the FP1 and any experiences or opinions they have had using one.

Thanks!
Brian
bseibenick

Postby cboggs » Sun Jan 22, 2006 4:15 pm

electronics are the way to go, .. no question about it, ..

Curtis
Curtis Boggs
Racing Flow Development.
cboggs

Postby wing64k » Sun Jan 22, 2006 4:55 pm

I just installed mine today in a pitot style bench,didn't take long,calibration was quick and John at FP is great to work with,testing is quick and no math to deal with,should have done this long ago.JMO

Dean
wing64k

Postby Nick » Sun Jan 22, 2006 4:56 pm

I say if you have the coin go for it. If your cheap, or cannot do it now, water gauges work good too. I'm using water gauges and a simple excel spread sheet for now, and they work good. I can tell you they can drive you nuts until you figure out how to use the right.

JMO

Nick
Nick

Postby bruce » Sun Jan 22, 2006 5:53 pm

What more can one say the manufacturer of the FP setup is a member of this forum (mouse) and is here everyday. Can you say "customer support" can't ask for more than that.

I'm biased in the fact that I have never used the Audie or PT setup, I have only ever had the FP, which ever you buy you can't go wrong with digital in place of the water. Trust me I had all homemade manometers (yes I was cheap) I would never spend the money on "real" manometers in place of spending the money on a digital setup.

We all do what we have to do though when it comes to spending $$$'s
"There is no more formidable adversary than one who perceives he has nothing to lose." - Gen. George S. Patton
bruce
Site Admin

Postby larrycavan » Sun Jan 22, 2006 11:32 pm

The FP1 is exactly what it shold be...cost effective, accurate, repeatable and well supported by the manufacturer. Ice that cake with positive references from several forum members.

There's an aspect that nobody's mentioned to about the FP1. It's portable as well. If you wanted test pressure drop on a new air filter or air intake setup, the FP1 is a manometer to go and you won't be spilling fluids all over your seat....

JMO

Larry C.
larrycavan
Site Admin

Postby Mousehouse1 » Sun Jan 22, 2006 11:54 pm

The FP1 is great like others have said. It is easy to setup. Support? I don't know of anyone that doesn't like the support that John gives every customer.

I built my own manometers and I decided to go the FP1 route. One of the best decisions I have made during my flow bench build.

You won't be sorry you bought it.
Mousehouse1

Postby bseibenick » Mon Jan 23, 2006 11:38 am

Thanks for the comments. I decided to not even bother with the water manometers and just ordered the FP1.

Can't wait till it gets here (kids and new toys...).

Brian
bseibenick

Return to Orifice Style bench discussion