[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tractorsport Flowbench Forum Archive • View topic - larrycavan bench mod ? - top chamber

larrycavan bench mod ? - top chamber

Orifice Style bench discussions

Postby Maxflow » Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:08 pm

A quick ? for larrycavan. In the msd bench mods thread
(http://www.tractorsport.com/cgi-bin/for ... ;t=21;st=0)
you showed a new top chamber you added to you bench.
The ? is did you end up cutting a slot in the original top
or did you drill holes, if holes where did you put them and how big.

Thanks Maxflow
The flow bench gives the little guy the ability to make
horsepower with cheep stock heads.
Maxflow

Postby larrycavan » Wed Apr 09, 2008 7:00 am

larrycavan
Site Admin

Postby Maxflow » Wed Apr 09, 2008 8:42 pm

Thanks larry. how big was your cut out and baffle. A pic. would be cool if you have time. Thanks
The flow bench gives the little guy the ability to make
horsepower with cheep stock heads.
Maxflow

Postby larrycavan » Mon Apr 14, 2008 8:03 am

I'll measure some things up today for you and post them later tonight.
larrycavan
Site Admin

Postby evil16v » Sat Sep 20, 2008 5:40 am

Hello Larry!

DId you have time to post these measurements/pictures some where? I am in the process of building my cabinet. My top is still removable and would like to make the top mods before i install it. I have searched around the forum but there are varying accounts and I can't make sense of it.

Thanks in advance for any Help!
evil16v

Postby larrycavan » Sat Sep 20, 2008 7:41 am

larrycavan
Site Admin

Postby evil16v » Sun Sep 21, 2008 11:46 am

Tried to post this last night but no luck last night.

EDIT: still can't post the diagram.

I will simplify my question from last night. How big (approximately) is the rectangular hole you cut in the top? no need to take anything apart.. I am just trying to visualize.

I wil continue to try to post this diagram
evil16v

Postby evil16v » Sun Sep 21, 2008 11:54 am

Hereis a JPEG version
evil16v

Postby evil16v » Sun Sep 21, 2008 11:56 am

HA HA SUCCESS!! Must not like bitmaps. i converted them both to JPEG's

The colors represent the same things as the last one. the green area represents the removed material form the original counter top.

What would be the difference between the baffle set up (shown above ithink) and just leaving the counter as is with the original hole deleted and holes in the side or slit in the front, then using the SF600 top? In other words without a seperate baffle and just using the original counter as the "baffle".
evil16v

Postby larrycavan » Sun Sep 21, 2008 8:05 pm

That should work.

The goal is to prevent the air from blasting straight at the orifice.

I used L brackets to fasten the baffle plate to the old top. Fasten them to the baffle, then set it in place and install the other screws.

My test pressure probe is mounted to the top of the baffle plate, at 90 degrees and is to the left of the discharge hole a couple of inches. Another L bracket is used for that. I threaded the probe, drilled a hole in the l bracket and double nutted the probe to the bracket.

Edited By larrycavan on 1222042240
larrycavan
Site Admin

Postby evil16v » Mon Sep 22, 2008 2:48 am

Thanks!
evil16v

Return to Orifice Style bench discussion