[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tractorsport Flowbench Forum Archive • View topic - How does the sf110 figure airflow thru multiple or

How does the sf110 figure airflow thru multiple or

Orifice Style bench discussions

Postby laser3kw » Sat Sep 30, 2006 9:39 pm

OK, I am building a new bench and I am tring to decide on how to lay out the orficies. Out of curiosity, I measured the orifices on my Superflow 110. Then the confusion set in. I have been estimating flow using the formual found on this site of CFM=13.55* orfice diameter (sqr'd)*(sqr root)of test pressure water colume in inches.
OK here are the orifice sizes from the sf110:
orifice#1 -.750" orifice#2 -1.00" orifice#3-1.500" orifice#4-1.750" orifice#5-2.000"
now here is the stupid part - according to the sf chart, the .750 orifice flows 10cfm -? ok and the 1.00" flows 18cfm -? here is the actual combination as listed on the bench:
orifice #1 = 10cfm
orifice #2 = 18cfm
orifice #1&2 = 29cfm
orifice #1&3 = 40cfm
orifice #1&2&3 = 59cfm
orifice #1&3&4 = 84cfm
orifice #1&2&3&4 = 105cfm
orifice #1&2&3&5 = 140cfm
orifice #1&2&3&4&5 = 185cfm
although you can set test pressure from "0" to 16", the chart does not referance a pressure. So how does this setup calulate flow and use combination orifices?

Just curious - my bench will use the FP1 and singluar orifice to determine range.
laser3kw

Postby larrycavan » Sun Oct 01, 2006 8:39 pm

larrycavan
Site Admin

Postby DaveMcLain » Mon Oct 02, 2006 12:53 pm

What's interesting is that when you look at the values for each range on the SF110 with a FlowCom they are slightly different than what's listed on the chart and in the SF 110 book. They are slightly lower one direction than the other. I've used those values in Perf Trends Port flow analyzer as well. I'll look them up and then post them.
DaveMcLain

Postby Erik » Sat Nov 04, 2006 7:39 am

Hope this is the right post !!
I am building a bench with two slides that holding three orifices each. The orifices are the same size that in the SF600 so the ranges should be 37, 75, 150, 300, 450, 600.
My qestion is if I open the 450 and the 600 orifices at the same time will that give me 1050 CFM range??? Is It that simple?
I am going to use the FP1 so i nead to come up with ranges i will use. This design will give me way to many ranges to chose from ;-)
Erik

Postby Thomas Vaught » Sat Nov 04, 2006 8:00 pm

Quote:

"Hope this is the right post !!
I am building a bench with two slides that holding three orifices each. The orifices are the same size that in the SF600 so the ranges should be 37, 75, 150, 300, 450, 600.
My qestion is if I open the 450 and the 600 orifices at the same time will that give me 1050 CFM range??? Is It that simple?"

It is that simple. A Superflow 1200 has three orifices two of which are the same diameters as the Superflow 300 bench. The superflow 300 bench is an earlier version of the SF-600. SF-300 ranges: 25,50,100,200,300,400 cfm ranges.

The SF-1200 has a 200 range, a 400 range, and a 600 range. All orifice diameters match the SF-300 ranges (200 cfm and 400 cfm) and the SF-600's last range (600 cfm).

The SF-1200 is designed to use multiple orifices like the SF-110 does.

Should be no issue.

Tom V.

ps The SF-300 and the SF-1200 also used the normal manometer fluid
vs the much more expensive Blur fluid. When I build a SF style bench I model the SF-300 and SF-1200 orifice diameters for flow.
Thomas Vaught

Return to Orifice Style bench discussion