[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tractorsport Flowbench Forum Archive • View topic - MSD, FP1 build up - Orifice sizes and amount, general desing

MSD, FP1 build up - Orifice sizes and amount, general desing

Orifice Style bench discussions

Postby 68Corvette » Mon Jun 30, 2008 6:03 am

Finally my build up seems like proceeding =)

I just ordered FP1 with 60" and PS3 options and have been thinking about leving water manometers off.

There is a lot of information in here and I have been reading quite a many evenings, so basic consept starts to come clear.

Propably I am running at first with 6 motors (have not ordered yet) and propably I'm using 32" depression for measuring.

Mercdog plans will be done without cabinet, only lower part and with SF600 style "balancer box".
Would it be okay to drill 4 x 3" holes (red) by the sides of incoming air from the top (black).

That should be enough flow wise not to create flow loss and maby balance a little flow between red holes to get air to orifice disk from four directions.

The orifice disk..
FP1 has 6 calibration places and I have been thinkin about creating 3-hole rotating orifice plate. (because of FP1 calibration)
- One hole would be pretty small to test leakage.. is 1" enough?
- Second hole would be 2.5" to support most of the V8 an 16v heads.
- Third hole would be 4" to support carburetor and throttle body modifications with 20.4" water depression.

Does this sound feasible?
I have read from here that some people have used even 4" orifice succesfully and FP1 has been capable of measuring low lift flows too.

I'm still wondering about intake / exhaust manometer tube switching.. propably i do it with pneumatic switches.

Also intake / exhaust direction change is under development, but I have been thinking about to large "orifice plates" to sides of bench. The would be about halfly open and connected to each other via shaft throught the bench.
When rotated half turn, then the air chanel would open to atmosphere and I could seal them pretty well..

I think I'll create this kind of check valves to all motors except one:

One would flow back to get some air through motors to keep 'em not burned.

Did I already drop in some pitfall =))

Thanks,
Marko

edit: some typos.
68Corvette

Postby 68Corvette » Mon Jun 30, 2008 9:40 am

Wanted to be a little more specific with orifice plate..
FP1 has 6 places for calibration and I was thinking using them as for suck / blow, that would make 3 holes.

Though I think that I dont need to blow anything above what 2.5" is able to flow.

So maby i could just keep the two smaller holes as planned above and then make two large holes just for sucking.
Carbs, mufflers, intercoolers etc. could be anyway just flowed inwards.

This way I could make 4-hole orifice plate.. maby it would be more useful?
68Corvette

Return to Orifice Style bench discussion