[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tractorsport Flowbench Forum Archive • View topic - baffiling the msd bench

baffiling the msd bench

Orifice Style bench discussions

Postby Maxflow » Thu Jun 07, 2007 6:52 pm

On my mercdog bench if i add the top chamber that Larry
suggests, and block the hole in the original top, then add 2 holes one on each side of the original top, would i still need
a baffle to seperate the original top from the orfice plate.
My thinking is the original top would act as the baffle.There would not be a direct air impact on the orfice disc this way.
Or am I way off base.

Maxflow
The flow bench gives the little guy the ability to make
horsepower with cheep stock heads.
Maxflow

Postby Tony » Thu Jun 07, 2007 7:10 pm

Yes, that seems to be the general idea.
Also known as the infamous "Warpspeed" on some other Forums.
Tony

Postby MMack » Fri Jun 08, 2007 1:41 pm

I cut the original top from the inside front edge of the riser to the orifice plate board at it's attachment in the back and installed an aluminum plate that was about 10" X 20" and split the difference between the top of the old top, and the bottom of the new top. I used metal because it is thin and strong and aluminum because I had a piece that was the right size in the shop. I then put the probe for the pressure tap about an inch off the top of the baffle. I get very steady readings.

Mike
MMack

Return to Orifice Style bench discussion