[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tractorsport Flowbench Forum Archive • View topic - Arrangement with limited space for a flowbench

Arrangement with limited space for a flowbench

Orifice Style bench discussions

Postby 77-1212596771 » Tue Jul 08, 2008 5:25 am

77-1212596771

Postby larrycavan » Tue Jul 08, 2008 7:36 am

I think you'll be OK. If it were me, I'd make the baffle wider from the front view. 2 or 3 grid lines worth should suffice.

Edited By larrycavan on 1215517057
larrycavan
Site Admin

Postby 77-1212596771 » Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:24 am

"some hours" end in two days, but at least I have played around with some setups:

I thought the overall sizes of the flow bench and the volumes of the chambers. I end up with changing the splitting the "C-Chamber" where the blowers are. Instead of splitting over the short side, I will split the box from left to right over the wide side. This allows me to put in 8 instead of 9 blower motors, but the overall wide shrinks from 100 cm to 80 cm and the blower champer does is not so hight and I win more space for the upper chambers. As a plus, I have both, the sucking and blowing opening at the left hand, which makes it easier for me to arrange the flow bench into the workshop.

First of all (Idea A) I rebuild the flow bench chamber A and B as it was before, but with more space:

However I tought about following variants:
Idea B:
(Just rearranged)

Idea B2:
(closed the upper opening of the baffle and moved the orifice place higher)

With this variation, I hope the measuring is a bit more stable, as the air flow does have more space to settle and is not "hitting hard" to the wall of baffle.

What do you guys think ?

Cheers,

Daniel
77-1212596771

Postby bruce » Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:29 am

Something that has been discussed before is; you need the airflow to hit the orifice plate all around and not from one or two sides alone.
"There is no more formidable adversary than one who perceives he has nothing to lose." - Gen. George S. Patton
bruce
Site Admin

Postby 77-1212596771 » Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:38 am

77-1212596771

Return to Orifice Style bench discussion