[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tractorsport Flowbench Forum Archive • View topic - Baffle opinions

Baffle opinions

Orifice Style bench discussions

Postby blaktopr » Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:04 pm

Hello forum. Take a look at this pic and give me some opinions about the baffle location. I am working back on my original bench to test the new bench. This chamber is after the settleing chamber on the right on the intake mode. The exhaust side looks the same.

The settleing chamber measures 12X30X30. Feeds through the 6X6 hole you see on the right. This chamber before the orifice plate is 18X30X30.

Do you guys think that the existing baffle is OK where it is at? Move it? Add another?? I'm trying to get the DC's up on this machine. I'm also going to incorporate Bruce's plates.

Thanks.
Chris Sikorski
blaktopr

Postby blaktopr » Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:06 pm

How on earth am I a guest??
Chris Sikorski
blaktopr

Postby coulterracn » Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:44 pm

"I know I'm in my own little world, but it's ok, they know me here"
coulterracn

Postby Tony » Wed Sep 23, 2009 3:25 am

Also known as the infamous "Warpspeed" on some other Forums.
Tony

Postby bruce » Wed Sep 23, 2009 6:39 am

We had a little problem with the database on Monday morning, all is well again . . . for right now ???

Just make sure you put a name in your post (I would not do it in the signature) so "if" (when) you show up as guest we all know who it is :D
"There is no more formidable adversary than one who perceives he has nothing to lose." - Gen. George S. Patton
bruce
Site Admin

Postby blaktopr » Wed Sep 23, 2009 7:16 am

Well, it seemed to have gone back. What I may do is thread in some stands so if I can test one out if I think I need it over the plate. I was just thinking about if the existing one would cause turbulence or shape the air to meet the plate evenly. After all, at 36 sq/in through the hole, even at 600 cfm that would only be 40 fps.
Chris Sikorski
blaktopr

Postby bruce » Wed Sep 23, 2009 7:25 am

Some quick thoughts, use something smaller in size to hold the baffle plate, round the corners or at least break the edges.

The orifice plate "sees" the flow from the edge/sides not directly from the top so anything that impedes the flow into the edge of the plate surface will change your Cd.
"There is no more formidable adversary than one who perceives he has nothing to lose." - Gen. George S. Patton
bruce
Site Admin

Postby blaktopr » Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:58 am

Yes Bruce. I was planning with the possibility of a second plate to use some threaded rod, I have lots of 3/8. I guess I will try a round plate, radiused with a router, about 12" diameter. Then adjust the hights to see any differences. I will still leave the large one for the incomming air from the settleing chamber. This machine will be using 2 of the 425 plates, one in each direction with the "blank" facing the incoming charge. If I ever need more, I just incorporate the 2 plates in the same direction. Using this method, I am going to eliminate the thumbscrews. The plate will be held in with countersunk screws and when the blank gets used on the other side, thats where the wingnuts come into play.

I will post pics on progress in the buildup thread.
Chris Sikorski
blaktopr

Postby blaktopr » Wed Oct 21, 2009 1:15 am

Here are some pics of what I ended up with. It seems to be working well now that this bench is back up and running. Numbers are dead on.
Chris Sikorski
blaktopr

Postby blaktopr » Wed Oct 21, 2009 1:17 am

View of the IN and EX plates.
Chris Sikorski
blaktopr

Return to Orifice Style bench discussion