[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tractorsport Flowbench Forum Archive • View topic - Newbie Builin a modified MSD Bench - Need some specifics about known mods

Newbie Builin a modified MSD Bench - Need some specifics about known mods

Orifice Style bench discussions

Postby evil16v » Sun Sep 14, 2008 3:39 pm

[color=#000000]Hello Bruce, and all at Flowbenchtech.com!

My name is Rob, and was referred to your VERY Informative forum by the guys at Dragstuff.com. This was after i asked some questions about orifice disk construction. I have since procured a registration from Bruce to use the search function.

I am in progress of building an MSD style bench. It is constructed of
evil16v

Postby thomasvaught-1 » Sun Sep 14, 2008 7:08 pm

Instead of the "Blast gates" I would purchase the beckson
marine port hole units as they seal great, are easy to install, and you will be buying at least one of them anyway if you do the access port hole in the front of the bench.

Tom Vaught
thomasvaught-1

Postby evil16v » Sun Sep 14, 2008 7:39 pm

Thanks for your response, Tom!
Are you talking about ?

I saw those in another post here.. maybe it was your's. I have seen many of your posts in the last two days. I can't remember who posted what :p

What outside dimensions are standard for a square orifice plate? that would decide what i use and what size it needs to be.
evil16v

Postby bruce » Sun Sep 14, 2008 7:49 pm

My standard size plate is 6"x6" and .125" thick with a 5" square bolt pattern. But you can make them any size you'd like to fit you bench design if you are machining them yourself.
"There is no more formidable adversary than one who perceives he has nothing to lose." - Gen. George S. Patton
bruce
Site Admin

Postby larrycavan » Sun Sep 14, 2008 8:25 pm

Welcome to the forum :D

If you have room and you're starting that bench from scratch, I would suggest making it about 3.5 to 4 feet in width. A fixed orifice plate is best setup IMO.

Plan, double check everything, check it again, then start building. You can do it!
larrycavan
Site Admin

Postby bruce » Sun Sep 14, 2008 10:56 pm

I'll "second" Tom on the Beckson deck plates!! In my opinion they are the only way to go for an access hole. So easy and fast to use. The 8" size gives plenty of room to work inside the bench if you have to.
"There is no more formidable adversary than one who perceives he has nothing to lose." - Gen. George S. Patton
bruce
Site Admin

Postby evil16v » Mon Sep 15, 2008 12:02 am

evil16v

Postby evil16v » Mon Sep 15, 2008 12:05 am

evil16v

Postby evil16v » Mon Sep 15, 2008 12:07 am

evil16v

Postby evil16v » Mon Sep 15, 2008 4:53 am

a little progress tonight. I will have to wait till after work tomorrow night/morning, to do anything else. The top is still removable for now. I need to know more about the slot that leads to the upper plenum.
evil16v

Postby 106-1194218389 » Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:09 am

Nice Looking Bench!
John
106-1194218389

Postby evil16v » Tue Sep 16, 2008 4:23 am

Thanks... made some more pieces after work tonight. probably no real progress till this weekend. still waiting on vac motors.
evil16v

Postby evil16v » Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:27 pm

updated pic.... I have made a bunch of pieces, so more assy now than anything. Here is the basic cabinet.
evil16v

Postby larrycavan » Fri Sep 26, 2008 6:09 pm

Coming along nicely :D

Edited By larrycavan on 1222466984
larrycavan
Site Admin

Postby evil16v » Sat Sep 27, 2008 4:20 am

Thank you! :D
evil16v

Return to Orifice Style bench discussion