[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tractorsport Flowbench Forum Archive • View topic - little balck secrets??

little balck secrets??

Orifice Style bench discussions

Postby smooth blend » Tue May 17, 2005 4:53 am

[color=#000000]I bought the port flow and engine analyzer and at $500 I can
smooth blend

Postby Mouse » Wed May 18, 2005 4:03 pm

Julian,

I think it would be pretty hard to beat the stuff already out there. Even if you could, you still need a variety of lab quality water manometers, in a climate controlled environment, to calibrate them.

John
Mouse

Postby 84-1074663779 » Wed May 18, 2005 7:03 pm

Agree completely with Mouse on this. Building stable accurate homemade instrumentation is far from easy, and once you have built it, then it needs to be properly calibrated and tested.

Try to compare it to making your own accurate homemade calipers, or constructing a homemade micrometer or dial indicator. The problems are about the same.

It is not just a case of buying some simple parts and soldering them together. Good commercial instrumentation is expensive for a reason.

It can certainly be done, but it is not for the inexperienced.
84-1074663779

Postby 86rocco » Thu May 19, 2005 11:35 am

Once I get my flowbench up and running, I'd planned to do a bit of experimentation. I've got a and a Setra 264 bi-directional pressure transmitter. I'll log the data from that and compare it to the measurements I get from my water manometers. If the results compare favourably, I'll write a proper user interface program, if not, I'll just abandon the idea.
86rocco

Postby smooth blend » Fri May 20, 2005 3:26 am

thanks, i figured it was a long shot but thought i'd ask.
smooth blend

Postby smooth blend » Mon May 23, 2005 4:11 am

what is a labjack U12?
smooth blend

Postby 86rocco » Mon May 23, 2005 10:53 am

It's a low cost data aquisition system for your computer, it allows you to hook up multiple analog sensors and numerous digital input to your computer through the USB port. Check out
86rocco

Postby hollywood63 » Mon May 23, 2005 5:46 pm

Rocco, Sounds interesting keep us posted on how it works out.
Hollywood
hollywood63

Postby smooth blend » Mon May 23, 2005 11:26 pm

[color=#000000]Yea, that does sound promising! I
smooth blend

Postby 86rocco » Tue May 24, 2005 3:29 pm

I'm still putting mine first flowbench together so I haven't been using anything. This is a bit of a long term project for me as I've got a lot of other things on the go right now but once I've got it together, I'll be happy to share experiences and I'll post my results whether they be good, bad or something in between
86rocco

Return to Orifice Style bench discussion