[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tractorsport Flowbench Forum Archive • View topic - Manometer vs. FP1

Manometer vs. FP1

Orifice Style bench discussions

Postby cboggs » Fri Jul 22, 2005 11:42 am

Chad,

All these calculations need to done at the intended PEAK Power, ..
not what you're turning through the lights!!!

so a 9200 or 9500 rpm peak power would be used.

is this going to be injected or carbs, ..??

Your 3.5" CSA is that just height x width or did you also account
for the corner radius?

Curtis
Curtis Boggs
Racing Flow Development.
cboggs

Postby cspeier » Fri Jul 22, 2005 11:49 am

Single dominator..
I poured a mold, 3.500 is with corners, etc.

I debated the induction over and over. Frank Aragona tried both. He had Bob Book at BRE build a dominator. So far it's been faster than anything. I have a new BRE dominator on the shelf. Bob also did Grundhoffer and Devines cards. He seems to have a handle on it, I hope!
cspeier

Postby cspeier » Mon Aug 08, 2005 4:20 pm

First Look.. ALL DIGITAL.

cspeier

Postby Shawn » Mon Aug 08, 2005 8:45 pm

Chad,
looks great!
shawn
Shawn

Postby maxracesoftware » Tue Aug 09, 2005 12:58 am

maxracesoftware

Postby larrycavan » Fri Aug 12, 2005 5:01 pm

larrycavan
Site Admin

Postby Mouse » Sat Aug 13, 2005 2:48 pm

Larry,

I got your email, but your email account will not accept my return emails.

John
Mouse

Postby Mousehouse1 » Wed Sep 14, 2005 2:13 pm

Mousehouse1

Postby Mouse » Wed Sep 14, 2005 8:44 pm

Hi,

The Flow Performance FP1 Standard ($399.00) now includes serial cable for connecting to your PC or laptop, plastic tubing kit for connecting to your flow bench, and a precision calibration orifice to help you calibrate your bench and make sure it is working correctly. (Pricing subject to changes without notice).

The plastic tubing is FP's exclusive light weight, ultra flexable color coded 1/8" kink resistant tubing with 1/8" rubber slip connectors that stay tight, yet are easy to slip on/off barbed fittings.

The serial cable is tested to make sure it works, as well as the calibration orifice to make sure it is flowing the exact amount of air that it should be.

John
Mouse

Postby Pesty » Mon Oct 31, 2005 8:39 am

Chad had a look at your flowbench and it looks really professional, top job. Did you make it entirely of aluminium or is it chip board plated with ally?

You also mentioned that Rick sent you a copy of his spreadsheet, has Rick started selling this or is he sharing them around? Rick?
With the spreadsheet what numbers do you have to input? and what does the computer input for you? do you need to set the computer up to input info into each cell?

I am designing my bench to include the FP1 and other bits from Mouse as time and the Aussie dollar permit.
Innovation is only limited to one's vision
Pesty

Postby Mousehouse1 » Mon Oct 31, 2005 11:05 pm

Pesty take a look in the spread sheet section on this forum. You should find a few spread sheets that Larry created. Very well done and easy to use.

Chad's bench is made out of pressed board and then covered with alumimum. Chad and a few from this board helped me build my bench. Chad I hope you don't mind me answering part of this question for you?

The FP1 is the way to go. I wish I had found it earlier. I could have saved time and money on manometers. You won't be disappointed. It is very simple to use.
Mousehouse1

Postby Pesty » Mon Oct 31, 2005 11:44 pm

Mousehouse 1, thanks for the info, i'll check it out.

With the exchange rate of the Aussie dollar i am looking at using a "VSD" variable speed drive hooked upto 12 motors of which i can turn on one at a time and set the pressure with the VSD controlling the motor speed instead of buying the FBV valves from John, due to exchange rate only, other wise i would go that way.

I am talking to one of our Electrical Engineeres to see if my proposal will work, hence saving me big dollars.
Innovation is only limited to one's vision
Pesty

Postby wing64k » Tue Nov 01, 2005 12:20 pm

Hey Guys

I've been reading along and have gotten a lot of good info here to help me build and run my bench,I have also picked up some things to help me in working on my heads so I don't want to miss anything,my question; what is PIPEMAX and how can it help me, and what is CSA stand for,must be important,I see it in this thread a lot..

Thanks
wing64k

Postby gofaster » Tue Nov 01, 2005 1:48 pm

CSA is the Cross Sectional Area of the port. Check out the spreadsheet section, I think there is something there. If not, I will look at spreadsheets I have saved.
On the spreadsheet you input your port volume, port length, valve size, etc. to get your port design moving in the right direction; opposed to grinding out lots of metal because you think it looks good.
When you're working with irregular shaped ports (none that I work with are perfectly round, square, or rectangular) something you can do is cast a rubber mold of your port, and carefully cut it in equal slices from different representative sections of the port. Say for example that you want to know the CSA at a point where the port shape is complicated by the valve guide boss, or some other restriction. Carefully slice that section from your port mold, making parallel cuts. you can place it in a cup, and stick it to the bottom, and use a graduated buret to fill the cup to a mark just slightly higher than your slice. note the level in your buret, pull the slice off the bottom of the cup, and refil the cup to the mark. You can note the level of the buret, and knowing the thickness of your slice, you can calculate the average CSA for that part of the port. (All of my burets are in cc's, and the rest of my port measurements are in inches, so I have to convert my volume to cu.in.)

There are some bright people on this forum who can explain things better than I do, but I'll be glad to try to help.
Jim
gofaster

Previous

Return to Orifice Style bench discussion