[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tractorsport Flowbench Forum Archive • View topic - Orifice plate construction and sealing

Orifice plate construction and sealing

Orifice Style bench discussions

Postby gofaster » Mon Nov 21, 2005 1:02 pm

Thanks to everybody who caught the errors in my previous post about orifice sizes.

If I make my orifices in the following sizes, various combinations will take me from 50cfm to 1050cfm at a delta P of 6"
50cfm......1.250" orifice....51.9calculated cfm at a Cd of 0.62
100cfm.....1.750.............101.71
200cfm.....2.500.............207.58
300cfm.....3.000.............298.92
400cfm.....3.500.............406.86

I think I have enough motors to handle it.

I was also under the misconception that the tests should be made in a range greater than or equal to 75% "to insure accuracy". Now I am taking that advice to mean "to insure accurate readings by the operator". Electronics like John's FP 1, Performance Trends, or Audie's FlowPro do not suffer from myopia, carelessness, or lack of parallax, and don't need to see the meniscus in the Inclined Manometer!

I also came to realize that the idea of using 5" deckplates in place of the flow control valves probably won't work because they do not have enough area. Now I think I'll put 6" deckplates in the place of the flow control valves if it looks like they'll fit, with plates in the sides of the cabinet for access, and if I can find room to put a female dummy to hold the plates when they are open. I also think that I'll be able to reach in to put stoppers in the back side of the orifice plate for exhaust testing.
Jim
gofaster

Postby Kyrasis6 » Thu Feb 23, 2006 10:34 pm

I have several ideas on how to make a clamping system but don't have time CAD draw at the moment.
Kyrasis6

Previous

Return to Orifice Style bench discussion