How Many Motors???

Orifice Style bench discussions

Postby jsmith » Tue Apr 06, 2004 11:56 am

I want to build a bench very similar to the Superflow SF110, this bench flows 160-195cfm at 10" of water.

My question is, how many motors will I need?

I have obtained 2 vacuum motors out of Dyson DC01 vacuum cleaners. I don't know the exact spec but I guess they are quite powerful.

Will 2 motors be enough or will I need more???

Thanks in advance... :D
jsmith

Postby 98-1074649673 » Tue Apr 06, 2004 6:18 pm

Tony just posted the other day an excellent post under "motor help" in the flowbench general forum on how to figureout if your motors will be whatca need for the bench u want to build. I suggest you take a look at that post for some detailed info on doing the R&D on your motors.
98-1074649673

Postby DaveMcLain » Sat Jan 01, 2005 2:47 pm

The Superflow 110 uses 4 motors, two in each direction. Each pair has it's own chamber that's connected to the plenum under the work area by a valve that you opperate from the front panel.

When you switch from intake to exhaust or vice versa, you must flip the switch and open the correct air valve while fully closing the other one.

This system is simple, compact and works fine but really a better but larger layout would use the 4 motors in paralel to give the bench more power...The way the 110 works, only 2 motors are on in any one direction.

I've got a Flowcom and motor controller on my bench so I just open up the valve fully for which ever direction I'm going to test..Works great...
DaveMcLain

Return to Orifice Style bench discussion