[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tractorsport Flowbench Forum Archive • View topic - FlowBench for 150 to 210 cfm heads - FlowBench Materials

FlowBench for 150 to 210 cfm heads - FlowBench Materials

Orifice Style bench discussions

Postby 200cfm » Tue Apr 24, 2007 10:33 pm

Today I flowed one of my dual plane intake manifolds to get a base line for runner clean up and hopefully flow improvement.

What is the standard method to flow a manifold. Carb on, carb off? I am plugging off all runners except the test runner. The top of the intake has 4 holes entering to the plenum. Do I leave all these open or tape off 3 holes? And what percent losses should I expect from a dual plane runner?
200cfm

Postby jason pohlman » Tue Apr 24, 2007 11:14 pm

i test with and with out the carb.when testing w/o carb use clay to radius the plenum entry.velocity probing with a carb installed can be.......well fun! i start with the carb to get some baseline numbers and then without the carb. decide on what i want to change and test again without carb.i will put the carb on from time to time to see how the changes react.i guess everyone does things different.i like lots of data,i record all of my tests and keep notes on what i have changed and measure every thing i can get to.
jason pohlman

Postby larrycavan » Tue Apr 24, 2007 11:47 pm

larrycavan
Site Admin

Postby gavinator68 » Wed Sep 05, 2007 9:02 pm

In reference to port velocity...............you want to maintain the highest port velocity possible. If you hog out the ports you WILL SLOW the velocity and power in the chamber WILL SUFFER!
gavinator68

Previous

Return to Orifice Style bench discussion