[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tractorsport Flowbench Forum Archive • View topic - How to upgrad SF110 with flowcom and controller

How to upgrad SF110 with flowcom and controller

Orifice Style bench discussions

Postby talons » Fri Sep 07, 2007 2:59 pm

Hello gents

Is it possible to upgrade a SF110 that has FlowCom and motor controller -

possibly add additional motors and let the motor controller adust the existing motors only?

Jim
talons

Postby larrycavan » Mon Sep 10, 2007 9:26 pm

Internally, I don't think there's room to add motors. I think the airflow path through the bench makes adding an external motor cabinet difficult. I suppose it is possible as long as you address the power supply situation and build the cabinet as an extension of the bottom of the SF110 cabinet...ie. setting under the bench. I'd give those motors their own power circuits and switches as well.

I haven't sat right down and looked at the full details of the situation but my gut feeling is that you'd be better off building a new bench from scratch that suits your needs.
larrycavan
Site Admin

Postby GT6Steve » Mon Sep 10, 2007 10:16 pm

I think you can go up to the SF-120 spec with the higher rated motors but you have to convert the whole thing to 220V. If it's worth it to you (for about 5 inches) I'll give you the motor spec numbers and wiring details.
GT6Steve

Postby gofaster » Wed Sep 12, 2007 10:44 am

Changing over to the "120" motors would hardly be worth the trouble, IMHO. The SF-110 wasn't designed to be taken apart easily. I've been inside mine, as I've mentioned before, and it's a real pain.

There's not much room for adding motors internally, and heat build-up is already a problem with the existing motors. Adding more motors inside would probably be asking for trouble.

Using a motor controller with the FlowCom reduces the heat buildup significantly, and might make using more motors less of a problem. Again, I would not advise anybody to try to stuff more motors into that little cabinet.

Another problem would be a small one, but I think you would need to make a new orifice plate for the top of the cabinet if you increase the ability of the motors to move more air.

Add to this the fact that the little Blue Bench has small internal volumes to begin with.

For the trouble involved in making this bench into something that it's not already, I think it would be more sensible to go buy some new plywood and build your own bench.
Jim
gofaster

Postby GT6Steve » Wed Sep 12, 2007 8:52 pm

So to follow up on that thought,out of thread.
I borrowed my SF-110 from a long time British vintage racer and he loves to tell the tale of buying a SF-600? and couldn't get any worthwhile values. Apparently someone told him the 600 was too big and he traded it in for a 110. Is this valid? Why couldn't the 600 (twenty years ago) flow appropriately for our 1-2 inch valves?
GT6Steve

Postby SWR » Thu Sep 13, 2007 9:43 am

The 600 is not too big. That's what the Flow knob is for. Why didn't they just test at a higher depression? ???
SWR

Postby GT6Steve » Thu Sep 13, 2007 4:43 pm

GT6Steve

Postby SWR » Fri Sep 14, 2007 4:10 pm

SWR

Return to Orifice Style bench discussion