[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tractorsport Flowbench Forum Archive • View topic - manometer - Did you DIY or BUY manometer(s)?

manometer - Did you DIY or BUY manometer(s)?

Orifice Style bench discussions

Postby FPV_GTp » Sun Nov 09, 2008 10:53 am

Did you DIY or BUY manometer(s) ?

Since manometer(s) are a special part of the flow bench component , I was curious as to what people did on this forum.

Post pictures of your manometers in here.

I did do a search utilizing the search engine of this forum but only two hits and no information on manometers.

Would like to hear from people how they made their manometers or did you buy commercially made units?

Any information would be appreciated even links to websites.

The term manometer is often used to refer specifically to liquid column hydrostatic instruments.

Measurement of Pressure with the Manometer

DIY manometers

Ford Sale - ( Melb , Aust ) - Engine Dynamometer Heenan & Froude G490EH 1,500Bhp@15,000rpm - Ship World Wide
FPV_GTp

Postby blaktopr » Sun Nov 09, 2008 11:08 am

Here is a link to the search results with info in diy too.
Chris Sikorski
blaktopr

Postby FPV_GTp » Sun Nov 09, 2008 11:09 am

Manometer Pressure http://www.efunda.com/formulae/fluids/manometer.cfm

Air flow bench

Mr Daniel Bernoulli is every where
Ford Sale - ( Melb , Aust ) - Engine Dynamometer Heenan & Froude G490EH 1,500Bhp@15,000rpm - Ship World Wide
FPV_GTp

Postby blaktopr » Sun Nov 09, 2008 11:10 am

You have to remember when you do a search to check the timeline at the bottom. It asks from this month and newer or older. The default is newer. You have to click older.
Chris Sikorski
blaktopr

Postby FPV_GTp » Sun Nov 09, 2008 11:11 am

thank you blaktopr heaps more reading now

cheers
FPV_GTp

Postby bruce » Sun Nov 09, 2008 11:15 am

"There is no more formidable adversary than one who perceives he has nothing to lose." - Gen. George S. Patton
bruce
Site Admin

Postby FPV_GTp » Sun Nov 09, 2008 11:18 am

woooooooooooooo bruce very nice

either my search engine on here is not working or it's me LOL i would have to say it's me for sure

cheers
FPV_GTp

Postby bruce » Sun Nov 09, 2008 11:21 am

In my opinion I'd build one, way cheaper and it will work just as well if not better for our application than a commercial one. If you use Ed's manometer spreadsheet you can't go wrong. You might have to "tweak" your manometer angle some to calibrate it to your bench.

BTW on the the PTS Digital Manometer . . . you will be able to purchase two of mine for the cost of one of the "other's" and have 3 sensors right out of the box!

Edited By bruce on 1226244207
"There is no more formidable adversary than one who perceives he has nothing to lose." - Gen. George S. Patton
bruce
Site Admin

Postby 86rocco1 » Sun Nov 09, 2008 11:47 am

86rocco1

Postby FPV_GTp » Sun Nov 09, 2008 5:42 pm

[quote]either my search engine on here is not working or it's me LOL i would have to say it's me for sure[quote]

Ok just as suspected it's ME :p since I have been ticking boxes the search engine digs deeper into this forum.

From what I could see in sections of this forum , I thought there were minimal threads but now I'm getting archive threads .

Amazing once one gets familiar with a tool how things work :D :D , now I have widened the search LOL

cheers
FPV_GTp

Postby FPV_GTp » Sun Nov 09, 2008 5:53 pm

specific gravity

What fluid are people using in their DIY manometers ?
FPV_GTp

Postby WPH » Mon Nov 10, 2008 3:35 pm

1 vote for coloured water with a drop of dish washing fluid. I've had to refill my manometers quite a few times due to flowbench "accidents" :D
Pekka
WPH

Postby 106-1194218389 » Mon Nov 10, 2008 3:46 pm

Add me to the colored water list. I just use water with food coloring. Like WPH says "I've had to refill my manometers quite a few times due to flowbench "accidents" " Also at 3 am in the morning it is easy to find :D
John
106-1194218389

Postby FPV_GTp » Mon Nov 10, 2008 5:27 pm

LOL @ "accidents' , seems some fluid retention going on ? ongoing problem that needed to be ... never mind just joking around , thanks guys for responding

One thing that I had notices in this forum that when one signs in and flicks through the forum topics there is not many threads ,me thinking this forum is quiet is not the case , as it seems there is a lot of threads/information place in a achieve section of the forum. As i discovered this when I started using the search engine much more effectively. Finding OLD posts backdating 2005.

Way of the topic question ? How long does this forum take before it archives a thread ? As in what time frame ?

I'm still experiencing problems posting or attaching pictures in this forum ? Is there a thread/document that explains how to post/attach pictures/files ? if someone would kindly point me in the right direction ?

cheers??? ??? :O :p :D ???
FPV_GTp

Postby bruce » Mon Nov 10, 2008 5:36 pm

Posting a picture:

Click Image do not use the quick reply at the bottom of the thread.

Once you click Image all the way at the bottom there is a box for file attachments click "browse" and find your picture you want to post from your computer. Then just click "add reply", do not click "preview post" as it will lose your file attachment. This will only allow you to post one file per reply this way.

If you want to attach a file from a remote picture host use the "Image" button under iB Code Buttons.

That's all there is to it.

You can setup the forum to view it the way you'd like using the "Your Control Panel" at the top of your screen, it should allow you to show posts back further than the 30 days. The forum does not archive anything any old posts can be brought back to "life"

This forum also has info back to my previous forums that are in the links area. But most of that info is outdated and been replaced by new posts now. This forum goes back to Pre-2000 if I recall . . .

You will find that since this forum is free and I have no commercial advertisement I pretty much don't do a lot of forum maintenance or tidying up and let it be more of a "free-range" forum :D

Edited By bruce on 1226353211
bruce
Site Admin

Next

Return to Orifice Style bench discussion