[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tractorsport Flowbench Forum Archive • View topic - manometer - Did you DIY or BUY manometer(s)?

manometer - Did you DIY or BUY manometer(s)?

Orifice Style bench discussions

Postby FPV_GTp » Mon Nov 10, 2008 6:15 pm

Hi Bruce , have tried this function several times and it doesn't seem to work my end. Most likely the problem is my end.

Lets give it another go , went fishing yesterday afternoon and up to 10ish PM , I didn't catch anything but my mate Adrian AKA Trout_Master i call him now landed 3 nice size trout and many pan sized ones that he let go and kept the big ones.

One was confiscated by me to which I will eat tonight ;)

Here is another attempt to post a picture of Adrian hold his nice rainbow trout he caught last night.

Amazing I fished with the usual stuff scrubbies (large bush worms ) maggots and powerbait , where Adrian tried mudeyes and powerbait to which he caught all the trout on powerbait. Since the late has a huge hatch of mudeyes and insects buzzing around you would think that would be the choice of food but not the case LOL.

cheers

PS : I found the problem , I would click view post and loose the attachment(s) , silly me once again , had my suspicion it was me LOL , thanks Bruce for clearing that up for me. lets see if this works.
:p
Ford Sale - ( Melb , Aust ) - Engine Dynamometer Heenan & Froude G490EH 1,500Bhp@15,000rpm - Ship World Wide
FPV_GTp

Postby FPV_GTp » Mon Nov 10, 2008 6:29 pm

woooooooooooooooooooo hoooooooooooooo it does work :D :D :D
Ford Sale - ( Melb , Aust ) - Engine Dynamometer Heenan & Froude G490EH 1,500Bhp@15,000rpm - Ship World Wide
FPV_GTp

Postby FPV_GTp » Tue Nov 11, 2008 5:13 pm

just reading a few dyno threads abd come accross this one

I tried to post in it and comes back with a message say " it has been disabled "

My question(s) is in relation to this thead ( Home made water brake ) )

Sorry to raise this from the past , but has any actually made a complete abosrber in this forum other than the RMIT tafe one ???

RRBD how did you dyno project go ?

cheers
FPV_GTp

Postby Tony » Wed Nov 12, 2008 4:30 pm

If I remember, the Forum software crashed at that point, and Bruce had real problems recovering many of the damaged threads in the dyno section.
But the corrupted data base was never able to be completely fixed.
So although many old threads in the dyno section can still be viewed, new posts cannot be added onto the end.

Your best bet would be to begin another brand new thread, giving a link to the old original thread (as background reading) and reviving the whole topic again anew.
Also known as the infamous "Warpspeed" on some other Forums.
Tony

Postby FPV_GTp » Sun Nov 16, 2008 6:18 pm

[color=#000000]Ok food dye and detergent

"photo of water manometer with secret formula fluid. ... The 'magic fluid' in the tubes was. water and food coloring. ... "
www.rotaryaviation.com/cooling_tests

"If you use water in your manometer, 20mmHg = 10.7inH2O. ... fluid first (it was what I had) then changed it to ATF afterwards(better color) ... "

Units -
Example reading: 1 Pa = 1 N/m2 = 10−5 bar = 10.197
FPV_GTp

Postby bruce » Sun Nov 16, 2008 6:30 pm

Marvel Mystery Oil - SG is 0.876" color is red the MSDS is almost the same as Dywer Gage oil from my research. There is a thread here somewhere on fluids. Might be a few years old.
"There is no more formidable adversary than one who perceives he has nothing to lose." - Gen. George S. Patton
bruce
Site Admin

Postby FPV_GTp » Sun Nov 16, 2008 8:08 pm

Bruce , thanks for that reply " Marvel Mystery Oil - SG is 0.876" color is red ..... "

Looked up " Marvel Mystery Oil - color is red " http://www.marvelmysteryoil.com/

FPV_GTp

Postby blaktopr » Wed Nov 19, 2008 8:40 pm

Glad to see the mystery oil will work especially for us that has our bench out in a cold garage. I have to change that before it gets really cold.
Chris Sikorski
blaktopr

Postby Half-Inch Stud » Fri Jan 02, 2009 3:03 pm

:cool: Just Built my Manometer. 108" Dynamic Range. The 1st step to flow.

Stood it up and realized... :O perhaps I am an idiot. Gonna have to read this Thread's manometer links to actually do it right this time. Thinking something just south of 8' would be wise. ???
12.9s @ 106.5MPH on 87 Octane, no ping. <--should be high 11's but I dunno why I'm so slow.
Half-Inch Stud

Postby Half-Inch Stud » Fri Jan 02, 2009 6:15 pm

Okay, it can stand it up in the garage now. Has an 83" H20 dynamic range. :cool:
12.9s @ 106.5MPH on 87 Octane, no ping. <--should be high 11's but I dunno why I'm so slow.
Half-Inch Stud

Postby FPV_GTp » Tue Jan 06, 2009 12:02 am

woooooooooooooooooooo this flow_bench would require a decent manometer sized scale reading

Quote , " This is Abaco Performance's flow bench. It is the highest flowing test bench ever designed, built and certified by Flow Systems, with a flow rating of 2200cfm and 5500KG/H. "

cheers
FPV_GTp

Postby blaktopr » Tue Jan 06, 2009 6:44 pm

Get me a motor that size and a plate to flow 2500. Machine a 10 inch plate and a 14" rise on the inclined is 4880cfm More than enough room to fit it. And I will challenge that number cfm and try for 60" with a home built. Just for kicks, I'll then add water. I'll stand outside the garage though. :p

Chris.
Chris Sikorski
blaktopr

Postby thomasvaught-1 » Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:16 pm

Quote:

"It is the highest flowing test bench ever designed, built and certified by Flow Systems, with a flow rating of 2200cfm"

While the stand is very accurate, (as was mentioned Ford Research has one but a smaller capacity), the bench may be the highest flowing bench designed by Flow Systems, it is not the highest capacity flow bench ever used routinely.

In World War II, Carb manufactures for the Aircraft Industry had flow benches with over 3000 cfm capacity. I have seen pictures of as many as 10 of them all in a row in a plant. Holley had one of the 3000 cfm "orifice" benches at their Research and Engineering facility (where I worked) in the 70s.
Some of the old "Holley Carburetor Books by Mike Urich" show the 3000+ bench in them.

Cool bench though! A lot better instrumentation.

Tom Vaught
thomasvaught-1

Postby msj442 » Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:48 pm

hey tom got any pics of those old benches you could dig up and put on forum. it amazes me that they had stuff like that back in the wwII era. ???
msj442

Postby FPV_GTp » Wed Aug 05, 2009 7:20 pm

Dammit ! don't you hate when one person uses a particular unit in measuring and you have to convert to what units you have come accustomed with very annoying indeed.

here is a useful website to which I'm sure there are many more out there

Pressure units conversion chart

Conversions of many more pressure units

thought i would share mite help someone cause I know it certainly helps me.

cheers
FPV_GTp

PreviousNext

Return to Orifice Style bench discussion