[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tractorsport Flowbench Forum Archive • View topic - more mods and i think ive gone insane

more mods and i think ive gone insane

Orifice Style bench discussions

Postby larrycavan » Tue May 17, 2005 2:24 am

Curtis

I was going to do that as well. What I ended up doing and it seems to work well was use one of my old doors from the side of the cabinet made from particle board as a baffel.

I cut out the center of the old top to just slightly smaller than the baffel. I mounted the baffel to the old top with angle brackets. I have about 1" below the baffel and 1.5" above the baffel. I mounted my test pressure pickup on top of the baffel about 4" to the left of the discharge hole in the aluminum top. It faces toward the front of the bench. It's mounted through an angle bracket at 90 degrees to the baffel and I threaded the back end of the tube and the hole in the bracket. I lock it in place with 2 nuts. Hose runs from the pickup on the baffel plate to the pickup inside the top plenum that connects to one side of the verticle manometer. The sides are 3 1/4" tall.
larrycavan
Site Admin

Postby cboggs » Tue May 17, 2005 2:43 am

Larry,

Yes it seems we will accomplish the same thing, ..
I'm currently building my bench, .. so I'm going to
add the chamber on top like my drawing.

9 motors, .. should suck the ticks off of my dogs, ..

I only wish I had made differnt ranges for the orifice disc.
It has 8 like the Mercdog plans call for, .. I'd like to have
used the Superflow orifice sizes and just had 6 ranges.
But, .. I guess with pro stock & alky heads it'll be good
to have the higher ranges.

Curtis
Curtis Boggs
Racing Flow Development.
cboggs

Postby msj442 » Tue Feb 26, 2008 11:53 pm

hey im still kinda figuring this stuff out. where exactly do the brass tubes go, how far in and such in the chambers? i have mercdog plans and am unclear as to this spec.
msj442

Postby larrycavan » Wed Feb 27, 2008 12:08 am

larrycavan
Site Admin

Postby bruce » Wed Feb 27, 2008 8:18 am

Here is a pic of the pickups I used on my PTS build:

Edited By bruce on 1204114738
"There is no more formidable adversary than one who perceives he has nothing to lose." - Gen. George S. Patton
bruce
Site Admin

Postby bruce » Wed Feb 27, 2008 8:22 am

Being that you are using the "other" set of plans I'd follow closely to the changes others who have built the same style bench have made. They have already done all the homework on that design.
"There is no more formidable adversary than one who perceives he has nothing to lose." - Gen. George S. Patton
bruce
Site Admin

Postby larrycavan » Wed Feb 27, 2008 10:43 pm

larrycavan
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Orifice Style bench discussion