[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tractorsport Flowbench Forum Archive • View topic - Cabinet Leakage - How much should I expect?

Cabinet Leakage - How much should I expect?

Orifice Style bench discussions

Postby Fkned » Fri Sep 30, 2005 5:45 pm

Fkned

Postby Jesse Lackman » Fri Sep 30, 2005 6:24 pm

Jesse Lackman

Jesse Lackman

Postby Thomas Vaught » Fri Sep 30, 2005 10:22 pm

Quote:

"From whom do you order these "porthole doors"?

I will post the name of the manufacturer hopefully this week-end if I get to the "port hole" store.

Quote:

"Is it feasible to use the porthole doors for the intake and exhaust doors too?"

Yes, that is exactly what I used them for.

Quote:

"Since you use stoppers and do not have to turn your orifice plate, did you still install the orifice plate at the same angle as the MSD plans call for?"

Most of my benches resemble a 1020 SF bench vs the SF 300/ 600 rotating orifice type benches.

The orifice plate varies in location from in some cases mounted vertically to mounted horizontally. In all cases I have used stoppers to control the flow and have been very happy with the results.

Larry, No I have never worked for the SF people
but I have been building benches for about the same time as the original owner of the SF company. I know several of their Technical people very well. Harold Betties is one of them.
They liked my port hole so well they used it.

Tom V.
Thomas Vaught

Postby larrycavan » Sun Oct 02, 2005 8:03 am

Tom,

Have you tried out the digital manometers on any of your benches?

Larry
larrycavan
Site Admin

Postby Thomas Vaught » Sun Oct 02, 2005 1:23 pm

Larry,

I used a Dwyer Digital Manometer on one of the benches I built in 1996. It worked ok.

I used a couple of double pole single throw vacuum switches to be able to change the flow
signal without disconnecting the lines for intake vs exhaust. (Both switch levers up = Intake)
Both switch levers down = Exhaust).

The dwyer manometer did not have a large test pressure range and the test pressure was only one place to the right of the decimal point.

28.2 for example.

Still it worked fine for the stuff the guy wanted to do.

Tom V.
Thomas Vaught

Postby larrycavan » Sun Oct 02, 2005 3:11 pm

Tom,

Were the switches a common order Dwyer item? If not, where did you get them? I'd like to incorporate them into my setup.

Larry
larrycavan
Site Admin

Postby Thomas Vaught » Sun Oct 02, 2005 8:45 pm

No Larry, the switches were not from Dwyer but were ordered from the Grainger catalog, (a common item). Look in that catalog)

Not cheap but not really expensive either.

Tom V.
Thomas Vaught

Postby gofaster » Wed Oct 05, 2005 1:50 am

Tom V.
is this the toggle switch you referred to?
Link:

or:

Jim
gofaster

Previous

Return to Orifice Style bench discussion