[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tractorsport Flowbench Forum Archive • View topic - Home Dyno Engine Cradle

Home Dyno Engine Cradle

General Dyno discussion (read only) please make any new posts in the new Dyno forum

Postby PaulR » Mon Sep 13, 2004 4:43 am

I've found someone selling a Heenan-Froude DPX1 (?) dyno here in the UK. I've found some info on it but would like to learn as much as I can before jumping in and buying it.

Anyone know of good sites or could supply copies of manuals etc? A google search didn't give much...

Cheers

Paul
PaulR

Postby RRBD » Thu Nov 30, 2006 11:35 pm

The other post pretty much covers the Absorber, so I thought I would add a topic on the framework for this homebuilt Dyno. I see in industry there are a few different approaches to Engine to Dyno coupling. What are the pro's and cons of each? If a person wanted to start with a clean sheet of paper what would you guys like to see?
My personal favorite seems to be the Froude layout.

Scott
RRBD

Postby RRBD » Fri Dec 01, 2006 10:25 pm

Wierd, I automatically got the above when I posted a new topic, like PaulR knew I was going to post this in 04 already.Spooky
-
All right fella's 30 views and nobody can comment?
-
After some research, I see the rolling cart is beng used widely, which makes a little more sense than the Blue 901 set up to me.
RRBD

Postby bruce » Fri Dec 01, 2006 10:49 pm

For some reason the Dyno discussion forum is messed up? I tried everything to fix it
"There is no more formidable adversary than one who perceives he has nothing to lose." - Gen. George S. Patton
bruce
Site Admin

Postby DaveMcLain » Fri Dec 01, 2006 11:18 pm

I tried posting in this thread yesterday and it appears that my reply never posted!

We used the DTS docking cart setup at Bill Mitchell's place in New York a couple of years ago when we were there for the Engine Masters'. It was a slick setup and it allowed them to test a whole bunch of engines over only a couple of days.

One thing I didn't like about the DTS setup was that the driveshaft didn't have a slip yoke. You had to feed it's splines into the driveplate on the back of the engine while getting the cart lined up and attached to the dyno, I thought that was bogus. A better setup would have been to make it like a tractor PTO shaft where you hook up the impliment and in this case the cart, then you extend the shaft to hook it up and it locks in place.
DaveMcLain

Postby Tony » Fri Dec 01, 2006 11:58 pm

Same here, my post of yesterday never appeared there either.

That thread is probably the best and most popular here ever, it is now getting 100+ views per day and climbing. If it has broken, can we begin a new thread. It is far too valuable to just end.

Perhaps "home made water brake #2" or something, with a short explanatory introduction and a link to the original thread, and continue on with it afresh ?
Also known as the infamous "Warpspeed" on some other Forums.
Tony

Postby bruce » Sat Dec 02, 2006 12:12 am

The problem is with the dyno forum not just the thread. let me make a whole new Dyno discussion and I'll close the other one for read only.
"There is no more formidable adversary than one who perceives he has nothing to lose." - Gen. George S. Patton
bruce
Site Admin

Return to General Dyno discussion