[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tractorsport Flowbench Forum Archive • View topic - Telma

Telma

General Dyno discussion (read only) please make any new posts in the new Dyno forum

Postby Sandra » Thu Aug 18, 2005 1:26 pm

Hello!
I have a telma/cc135 and i have some problems with the power supply 24v, 120A. In this case the coils are connected parallell. I have read that it is possible to connect the coils in series. Is there anyone who knows how I should calculate the voltage in seriell connection?
Sandra

Postby Sandra » Mon Aug 29, 2005 11:26 am

Some report from my project...
I rebuild my thelma to seriell connetion and had a power supply of 230 V and it worked very good. I used the dyno om my rallycar and it was really fun! The only problem is that one of the coils were defect before I modified it. So now I need a new one... Is there anyone who knows where I can buy one? I have searched the internet but can not find anything, I live in Sweden. The model is Thelma C135.
Sandra

Postby bruce » Mon Aug 29, 2005 4:15 pm

Did you try contacting Telma themselves?

The site is in French but I'm sure if you email them they can get you in contact with someone in your country who handles their products. They have distributers in various contries.
"There is no more formidable adversary than one who perceives he has nothing to lose." - Gen. George S. Patton
bruce
Site Admin

Postby 84-1074663779 » Mon Aug 29, 2005 7:09 pm

Your best bet is to remove the faulty coil and take it around to a company that winds transformers and get a few quotes on a rewind job.

The original Telma coils are wound with aluminium wire, but copper wire will work perfectly well (actually better !). The original turns can be removed and counted, and the diameter of the aluminium wire measured. The round fiberglass bobbin can then be rewound with appropriate copper wire and you will be back in business.

I would expect that to be far cheaper than a genuine Telma replacement coil. Some of these retarders are thirty years old, and genuine replacement parts may not even be available these days.

As long as it has the same number of turns of similar wire it will work fine, there is nothing complicated about it. You might even do it yourself at home even more cheaply still, if you can buy some suitable wire.
84-1074663779

Return to General Dyno discussion