[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tractorsport Flowbench Forum Archive • View topic - Software

Software

General Dyno discussion (read only) please make any new posts in the new Dyno forum

Postby Sandra » Thu Jan 26, 2006 2:29 pm

I have a rolling road with a thelma. I control it with a ordinairy dimer. I am now looking for a software to the computer that can read the BHP. Does anyone have any idea what software I schould use??
Sandra

Postby Jesse Lackman » Thu Jan 26, 2006 5:23 pm

What brand is the rolling road?

Does it have a load cell for torque measurment?

If it has a load cell output there would probably be a way to input that to a PC and calculate/display in real time using a program like the GSCalc Mouse mentions

Maybe Mouse will chime in.
Jesse Lackman

Jesse Lackman

Postby Sandra » Fri Jan 27, 2006 9:52 am

The rolling road is homemade but I do have a load cell connected to a display thats show the torque. I also have a display for the RPM. The problem is that I have to do the calculation myself, I want it to show in the computer...

The software you talked about seemed good, do I got to have any special hardware to make it work?
Sandra

Postby Jesse Lackman » Fri Jan 27, 2006 3:39 pm

Homemade rolling road dyno, that is very cool.

I don't know how the RPM and TQ would be input to a program like GScalc, but I think if that connection were made it would work.

I know someone who owned a newer car factory equipped with a torque sensor on the engine somewhere, it would pick up misfires and record them for later maintenence. He was able to tap into that load cell output, input to a laptop, and record/display TQ and HP while driving. He would drive the car up a hill at wot and generate TQ/HP curves much like one would see from a engine or chassis dyno.

Maybe I can get him here to help.
Jesse Lackman

Jesse Lackman

Postby Tony » Fri Jan 27, 2006 5:34 pm

Something like this perhaps:

Also known as the infamous "Warpspeed" on some other Forums.
Tony

Return to General Dyno discussion