[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tractorsport Flowbench Forum Archive • View topic - Data logging?

Data logging?

General Dyno discussion (read only) please make any new posts in the new Dyno forum

Postby Nick » Sat Feb 04, 2006 2:39 am

I'm clean. Had a pee test yesterday!

I think you need a PID controller. It takes voltage in and controls the servo motor. I guess you have to have a way to convert rpm into voltage, Hmmm, I have no business posting here but know one else was helping so what the heck.

I'm not sure using rpm to loop into a stepper motor to control water flow is the best way anyways. Take a look at the ADL from Depac. From the few e-mails I have sent to him I don't think his system loops, It must to set the starting RPM but from there I believe it will open the valve the same way for Evey test. You would have to ask him. If I had not lost my emails from him, or I would post them, sorry. Again I have no business posting on something I know so little about.

I'll shut up now.

Nick

P.S. If you have not seen the videos of the ADL in action you should take a look on his site.
Nick

Postby bruce » Sat Feb 04, 2006 10:18 am

My dyno is eddy current, no water anywhere near it.

I'm amazed how easy it is to hold the rpm's with the variac. I have no plans right now anyways for computer controled testing. If and when I make some $$$'s with this beast then I'll look at some of the other controls down the road. I need to get a simple DAQ setup, with the help I have gotten here is underway, thanks for all the replys!
"There is no more formidable adversary than one who perceives he has nothing to lose." - Gen. George S. Patton
bruce
Site Admin

Postby Sandra » Mon Feb 06, 2006 1:38 pm

I have also looked at the LM2907 and think that it would work great if it could decrease the voltage when the frequency is decreasing or not increasing. Is there anything you can apply on the output to make this happen? Anyone who have any idea?
Sandra

Postby Sandra » Sun Feb 12, 2006 1:27 pm

Hello!
I have a homebuildt rolling road with a thelma retarder. I am just like you searching for a way to control my dyno. Now I think I have found the solution to my problem. I am using a PLC, from Crouzet, that have a 0-28 V output. The input is one analog (tourqe 0-10 V) and one frequence (speed on the rollers). The output is connected to a dimer (lightregulator) and that is controlling the thelma. The PLC can get programmed so that it is working like a factorybuild one and if it is connected to a computer you can see the values on the screen. The values can also be saved on the PLC. The PLC is not so expensive here in Sweden $100 so I think it would be a good solution.
Sandra

Previous

Return to General Dyno discussion