[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tractorsport Flowbench Forum Archive • View topic - help with new toy,dyno part maybe - picked this up dumpster diving

help with new toy,dyno part maybe - picked this up dumpster diving

General Dyno discussion (read only) please make any new posts in the new Dyno forum

Postby jim fuchs » Tue Dec 07, 2004 4:22 am

its a lebow torque sensor ,model 1804-103
cap 500 inch pounds,27000rpm max

ok what kind of hp is 500 inch pounds
and can i use this for a dyno for small engines
also does enyone have a idea how to hook it up .
new cost 3800 and its new . jim
jim fuchs

Postby bruce » Tue Dec 07, 2004 10:02 am

I'm going to assume you have already looked at for info and installation instructions? I'm sure they could supply you will all the engineering data for you to use this sensor in the application you want.

HP=TorquexRPM/5252

500 in lbs/12=41.66 lbs ft torque so knowing this you can now figureout how much HP this sensor can handle.
"There is no more formidable adversary than one who perceives he has nothing to lose." - Gen. George S. Patton
bruce
Site Admin

Postby jim fuchs » Tue Dec 07, 2004 1:50 pm

so did i do this right .27000.x41.66/5252 =214 hp jim
jim fuchs

Postby bruce » Tue Dec 07, 2004 2:08 pm

Yes your math is correct. Not sure what you would be testing at that RPM though?
"There is no more formidable adversary than one who perceives he has nothing to lose." - Gen. George S. Patton
bruce
Site Admin

Postby jim fuchs » Wed Dec 08, 2004 3:09 am

kart engines ,20000 rpm 50hp jim
jim fuchs

Postby 86rocco » Wed Dec 08, 2004 12:44 pm

86rocco

Postby jim fuchs » Thu Dec 09, 2004 4:04 am

im thinking a nice water pump or a dc motor under load.
jim fuchs

Postby bruce » Thu Dec 09, 2004 11:09 am

Ok, I'm sure you have already thought all this through but just to findout whatca are thinking of doing I'll ask a question.

1. What RPM range do you need to test at?

You really can't start thinking about anything till you comeup with the answer to that question. Yes you have a sensor that goes to 27,000 rpms but I'm not sure you are going to find a power absorber that will take that rpm?

2. Are you planning on an inertia or steady state dyno?

There is alot of people with alot of knowledge that surf this forum and would be more than willing to help you along the way with your build (I speak from past experiences with fellow members from here) You need to get more of your thoughts out here so they can offer you help along your way.
bruce
Site Admin

Postby jim fuchs » Sat Dec 11, 2004 3:13 am

would like to make a rolling dyno ,i made a inertia dyno . hooked to a computor,works great but would like a rolling that was portable to track jim
jim fuchs

Postby mecrez » Thu Dec 16, 2004 9:01 pm

jim I have used these up here at school, they are very accurate, but at least for the ones we use it takes a fair amount of signal conditioning and a DAQ then we have to derive equations relating the voltage going into the DAQ to the torque, the ones we use have a counter that keeps track of rpm's too

yes you do have to provide some kind of external load

if you can try to get the wiring diagram that it requires to output the signal, you have to have that to get anything meaningful out of it

on the otherhand it is perfectly set up for a DAQ since the amount of torque is sent as a voltage
Matt
mecrez

Postby jim fuchs » Fri Dec 17, 2004 3:27 am

this one has a rpm sensor also .i was told that to use it i need a shunt cal. box,,,and a ac carrior singnal conditioner ,,big $. wish i new that thay were in the dumper to i think dang it jim
jim fuchs

Postby mecrez » Tue Dec 21, 2004 4:31 pm

from what I remember, we made our own signal conditioning circuit( it wasn't me, I don't know much about that stuff) the circuit just used an operational amplifier, but I don't remeber exactly how its supposed to be hooked up, I will try to see if I can't find some documentation to help
mecrez

Postby jim fuchs » Wed Dec 22, 2004 11:14 pm

thanks that would help a bunch jim
jim fuchs

Return to General Dyno discussion