[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tractorsport Flowbench Forum Archive • View topic - water brake

water brake

General Dyno discussion (read only) please make any new posts in the new Dyno forum

Postby 99-1134301289 » Thu Feb 16, 2006 6:26 pm

Does anyone have pictures of the inside of a Stuska water brake. I would like to build my own, but need more info.

thanks

99-1134301289

Postby 86rocco » Thu Feb 16, 2006 6:47 pm

It's not a picture but there's a diagram of one on the bottom of
86rocco

Postby 99-1134301289 » Fri Feb 17, 2006 3:43 am

Thank you very much that is already very interest for me.
99-1134301289

Postby HP by GD » Thu Mar 16, 2006 12:53 pm

If I were going to build a dyno from scratch I would use a hydraulic pump instead of a water brake. I have a Stuska and it is not the easiest to control a two stroke motor when it gets into its operating range. There is a lag time from when you try and increase the load to when there is an increase. With a hydraulic pump it would be a lot easier to control.
GD :D
HP by GD

Postby 86rocco » Thu Mar 16, 2006 1:52 pm

86rocco

Postby Scott » Thu Mar 16, 2006 8:46 pm

I wonder why you couldnt just drill in some vent holes in the top of the housing and then make the oppisite side vent into an inlet? I think this would aid in keeping the water cool, verses trying to get it thru a window traveling 5000 rpm. I may try this on my stuska. It does suck when an engine gets away from you on the dyno, hard on parts.
Scott

Postby HP by GD » Fri Mar 17, 2006 10:42 am

There is still a problem trying to catch the motor when it comes on the pipe. I just think that the hydraulic pump would be a lot easier to control the load and you could get a used one pretty cheap. By the time that you get the good seals and bearings than make the impeller and housing for the water brake you could build a better mouse trap with the pump. These are just my thoughts after having a water brake for a many years. Your mileage may vary!
GD :D
HP by GD

Postby Scott » Fri Mar 17, 2006 2:08 pm

I think a hyd. pump would work great as an absorber, as long as you werent measuring the pumps output pressure and trying to convert it to HP, too many variable stacked against you. A hyd. pump and a loadcell would be sweet.

Scott
Scott

Return to General Dyno discussion