[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tractorsport Flowbench Forum Archive • View topic - Perplex ports, Heads??

Perplex ports, Heads??

Discussion on flowbench testing techniques "top secret" ideas . . .

Postby Christian » Fri Feb 25, 2005 6:46 am

Have any of you ever built ports of perplex like molding compound kind of like the one they used in the seveties for those clear acrylic paperweights. I think of using that compound for making a copy of my intakeport for visibilityreasons,because i assume, being able to loo into the port through changing valve lifts with a cotton thread might give some valuable info on preferable valve angle cuts, to achieve good flow at mid valve lift, and also to see if a find shortturn gains while lifting the port, reducing short turn angle. Also i thought making a clear head dummy for a friends HD-flathead might make that more visible too. Any advices or experiences??
Christian

Postby 86rocco » Fri Feb 25, 2005 11:35 am

You're talking about something like this right? I haven't tried this yet but it looks like a really cool idea.
86rocco

Postby Christian » Sat Feb 26, 2005 7:29 am

Woow, didnt know there was allready data published. Yes that was my main idea since i have allready rubbermolds of my ports and would like to do flow testing, might take some time but as soon as i have more data, ll let you guys know. Thanks for the link, i knew that harely did a lot of testing on perpley whe yerry branch was still there during the development of the XR750.
Christian

Return to Flowbench techniques