[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tractorsport Flowbench Forum Archive • View topic - Measuring ports

Measuring ports

Discussion on flowbench testing techniques "top secret" ideas . . .

Postby LMSRACER » Thu Dec 06, 2007 3:29 pm

Don't Forget Me.. I'd Like One Too Please !!!!!!
oprecisionautom@carolina.rr.com
LMSRACER

Postby Darkspeed » Sat Dec 08, 2007 9:18 am

Would also be very interested if the offer still stands

andrew@andersensmith.freeserve.co.uk

Many thanks

Andrew
Darkspeed

Postby 83-1184962233 » Sat Dec 08, 2007 6:23 pm

You can add me to the list too :)
If you don't want to give it away let me know the paper number and where it's from.

stefan.vinceatbtinternetdotcom
83-1184962233

Postby larrycavan » Thu Jan 03, 2008 7:55 pm

larrycavan
Site Admin

Postby 200cfm » Thu Jan 03, 2008 9:36 pm

Finally made a download only to be lost as to how to use it. Just don't understand making and setting the markers. The example shows a marker line drawn on what looks like graph paper and then that photo down loaded. A port entrance has a roof to floor angle. Photos want reflect that angle since it is 2D. That would introduce error. Guess I am doing something wrong here.
200cfm

Postby larrycavan » Thu Jan 10, 2008 6:45 pm

larrycavan
Site Admin

Postby gofaster » Sun Jan 13, 2008 3:17 am

Larry, I'd like to get a copy too.

I always used a wire bent to follow the center of the port wall, and I would measure both walls and then average them to come up with an approximate port length. I also cc the ports, and measure the choke above the valve seat, and the port mouth. Then I enter the info into the Performance Trends Port Flow Analyzer to arrive at an average diameter.

I think I'm on the right track, but I'm open to suggestions that will yield improvements.

On a totally different tangent, is the author of the Linkert Carburetor tuning book on this forum? I had to dust off my copy last month to get a customer's old M-74 to wake up after a long neglectful rest! If you are out there, I want to thank you.

Edited By gofaster on 1200885447
Jim
gofaster

Previous

Return to Flowbench techniques