[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tractorsport Flowbench Forum Archive • View topic - Pitot Tubes for velocity measurement - Has anyone made their own?

Pitot Tubes for velocity measurement - Has anyone made their own?

Discussion on flowbench testing techniques "top secret" ideas . . .

Postby talon » Thu Jan 19, 2006 2:56 pm

Thank you

sooooo......if I want to find turbulance and subtle "sweet spots" a smaller( more responsive ) tube dia would be better

thank you
Jim
talon

Postby 86rocco » Thu Jan 19, 2006 4:03 pm

I've never experimented with tube size so this is just an educated guess but I'd say yes.
86rocco

Postby gofaster » Tue Jan 16, 2007 2:48 am

I was told that Darrin Morgan (Reher-Morrison) uses a precision fixture that places the pitot in the port so he can make accurate and repeatable tests. Has anybody seen this, or something like it?
I was thinking it may make sense to attach a set of arms to the bore adaptor or slider base. If they were graduated, I think it might be possible to make them move in predictable x,y, and z coordinates to place the pitot in the correct zone of the port. They would need to be long enough to grasp the pitot near the hose connections, far enough from the port that they won't disturb the flow, and rigid to avoid sag.
Jim
gofaster

Postby hollywood63 » Tue Jan 16, 2007 7:29 am

Jim,
I read the same thing he also talks about it on his CD. But all of the pics I have ever seen with him doing testing shows him holding the pitot by hand. I wonder if Larry or the other guys that frequent Speed Talk have seen this? If your bench is non-electric like mine it would also help to keep test pressure level :p . For giggles I will post over there and see if I get any bites :D
Art
hollywood63

Postby MMack » Mon Apr 09, 2007 5:46 pm

I called the hobby shop near me to see if they had such a bender as was used in the other thread. No luck. Does anyone remember the brand name? Anyone know of an internet source? I would love to buy one of Bruces, they look great, and I want to support the site, but it is not in the cards right now.

Thanks for any help you can give.

Mike
MMack

Previous

Return to Flowbench techniques