[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tractorsport Flowbench Forum Archive • View topic - Flow Performance FP1 accuracy - Flow Performance FP1 accuracy

Flow Performance FP1 accuracy - Flow Performance FP1 accuracy

Discussion on flowbench testing techniques "top secret" ideas . . .

Postby maxracesoftware » Tue Mar 07, 2006 4:58 pm

Flow Performance FP1 accuracy

i purchased FP1 with optional 200" water pressure transducer

i have both FP1 and my Manometers hooked up together
as so to double-check each other out while Flow testing

so far i did quite a bit of testing under greatly varying
Weather and FlowBench room conditions
and have had the FlowBench and Room "heat up" the
hottest i've ever Flow Tested in.....and the FP1 unit i have
never varies more than .25 to .5 CFM under any conditions
...where as the SF-600 manometers maybe due to Fluids
heating up/expanding show as much as 2.8 CFM off from baseline
at the 350 cfm those particular Heads were flowing

so accuracy of FP1 = .25 to .5 CFM out of 350 CFM => 99.928 accuracy
SF-600 manometers => 99.2 accuracy

each is close enough i guess..but using the FP1 lets me go after
and certify smaller CFM gains...so if i can be positively sure
of a bunch of small CFM gains ..then by end of Day,
it should result in getting more CFM flow out of Heads.

kind of like Dyno...if Dyno repeats and can show you small 1 or 2 HP
real gains...then it lets you go after those 1 or 2 HP changes,
so by end of day..if you get enough 1-2 HP gains you might end up
with 10 or 15 more HP and thats an edge over competition
maxracesoftware

Postby riga team » Tue Mar 07, 2006 5:23 pm

On FP1 more thin ,it so?
riga team

Postby maxracesoftware » Tue Mar 07, 2006 6:26 pm

maxracesoftware

Postby larrycavan » Tue Mar 07, 2006 10:26 pm

Larry,

I'm curious as to what the range Cd calculated out to be on your Superflow....can you possibly post them.

Larry C
larrycavan
Site Admin

Postby maxracesoftware » Wed Mar 08, 2006 1:24 am

maxracesoftware

Postby riga team » Wed Mar 08, 2006 1:52 pm

Senk LARRY, it is useful, who compared that FP1 and FLOW QUIK (audietech). Anatolij
riga team

Postby maxracesoftware » Sat Mar 18, 2006 2:29 am

maxracesoftware

Postby Jesse Lackman » Sat Mar 18, 2006 12:24 pm

I'm watching this thread with interest. I too purchased a 200" FP-1 but my bench is not running yet so I have nothing to report.

Is this version of Larry Cavanaugh's Excel SpreadSheet different than the version 5 or the one that comes with the FP-1?
Jesse Lackman

Jesse Lackman

Postby maxracesoftware » Sun Mar 19, 2006 3:22 pm

maxracesoftware

Postby riga team » Wed Mar 22, 2006 4:11 pm

riga team

Postby larrycavan » Thu Mar 23, 2006 12:22 am

larrycavan
Site Admin

Postby PFM » Thu Mar 23, 2006 2:27 am

All,

Have any of you tried the FlowPerformance flow element? I have a 3" unit in my bench and I am quite happy with the results. The 2" was a bit too small for the range and fans I have but the 3" gives me quite a range and there is only one setting. In the last few weeks I managed to get the depression control dialed in, this makes testing very nice. The bench can do 500 CFM at 35" not in the 100" range of some of the guys but it works for me. Oh almost forgot 25 CFM on the low end is repeatable.

I cannot wait to give the pass around plates a go.

PFM
PFM

Postby riga team » Sun Mar 26, 2006 7:19 am

Thanks Larry C. is has reached.your way is interesting to me fp1 sensor 200" 115923 motors.
I wish to ask.. Accuracy of unit of change in what variant above?
The initial (standart)fp1 version more is active for:blower(It is a lot of air-small pressure)
Whether rights I.?.?
riga team

Postby larrycavan » Mon Mar 27, 2006 1:42 am

larrycavan
Site Admin

Postby riga team » Tue Mar 28, 2006 5:05 pm

Yes Larry C. explaining is very clear !Thanks ! I wish 10 -12 motors Item# 16-1234 . and two step:0-600sfm 3" orifice and 200-800;900sfm 4". sf1 flowcomp,without water manometer.Where a mistake ?and as it go... Anatolij
riga team

Return to Flowbench techniques